Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please critique final stages of floorplan!

Posted by britwooten (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 23:12

We are getting pretty close to the final floor plan and would love for you all to rip it apart :) Please tell me the good, the bad and the ugly!

Any one have any ideas on where to put HVAC?

Also, what you cannot tell is that there are stairs leading down to unfinished basement under the stairs going up to the bonus.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please critique final stages of floorplan!

There seems too many doors, that is not good in eastern's sanfeng

Here is a link that might be useful: thit bo nhap khau

o

Nice butler pantry, but are two exterior doors for the dining room necessary? Perhaps they are! Just sayin', it's more doors to check at night.

The entry from the garage seems a bit tight, a narrow hallway till you get at least to the kitchen. Coming in with kids, backpacks, totes, shopping, could be a squeeze.

Are you in a warm dry climate? Lucky you! No closets! But do you need a place to drop sunglasses and caps?

o

Thanks all! Yes, we are in a warm climate so huge hall closets are not a major issue (although I am a little concerned that we still don't have enough). We are planning to put in a row of mudroom type cabinetry in the garage as well as use that narrow space between the stairs as a built in drop area for keys and such. We also will have a pass through from the garage into the wall of cabinetry in the kitchen for groceries. That wall of narrow cabinets will be full length doors and will be used as our pantry.

I had not given much though to having a lot of exterior doors. I will certainly think about this! We live outdoors, so I was only thinking of the easy access to our porches, not having to check doors at night. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here