Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boymom23

If you have beige windows on inside, would love to see pics, pls!

boymom23
11 years ago

I finally chose beige windows, after much thought. I have quite a bit of stone on the front of my house, so felt beige would be a better match on the exterior. However, I'm still trying to get a feel for how these beige windows are going to look on the inside. *Specifically, on a wall in my dining room that has windows and a French door in the center. I want continuity, but can't image a beige French door. Now having MAJOR regrets, as my builder has already ordered windows and doors for my house. I would LOVE to see photos showing beige windows on the inside if you wouldn't mind posting! Esp. any aread that also includes french doors adjacent to windows. Thank you!!
*For clarification, my windows are vinyl clad and my builder says they are the same color on inside as outside. I'm sure I could've upgraded to windows that were paintable on inside, but I did not. I hope I don't end up really regretting this... you can change a lot later on, but not usually windows!

Comments (10)

• lucy0214
    11 years ago

Outside color same as inside
    {{gwi:1426227}}
    {{gwi:1426229}}
    Still lacking some trim pieces-all of our trim is same color as windows
    {{gwi:1426231}}
    {{gwi:1426233}}
    I can get a picture of our French doors with transoms over beside between other windows. I think it looks good and we are happy with the way it turned out. I had regrets too at first, then it was too late so we went with it.

• boymom23
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lucy! So glad you found this! Your house looks great!! The windows look lovely. (Ah, you're making me feel MUCH better!) So on your french doors, are the grids tan and inside the glass pane? I'm just such a white trim person, I'm having trouble envisioning all of this...! But your photos are fabulous! Thanks so much for posting these for me! I'll be anxiously awaiting the photo of the french door! ;)
    Looks like your house is getting very close to move in...! Yay!!

• boymom23
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Your kitchen is so pretty! Are the cabinets off white, or are they glazed? It's funny how similar our houses/tastes are! :)

• lucy0214
    11 years ago

The grids are tan, I think he ordered them from the window company. They were white when installed and he just switched them. The cabinets are some kind of cream color with a brown glaze of them an the island is dark walnut. Hopefully will be in in by the end of the month. It must be a TN thing:) I don't know where you are in TN, but we are close to Bonnaroo, welcome to come see them.
    {{gwi:1419532}}

• olivesmom
    11 years ago

Not my house, just one we were looking at recently.

This post was edited by olivesmom on Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 2:47

• boymom23
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Olivesmom! That's a pretty house!

• mydreamhome
    11 years ago

Here's our exterior & the corresponding interior photos of our window/door combination using beige/tan windows--

FWIW, similar to you, I thought it would bother me, but it really doesn't. Having all the grids match in color certainly helps. Do note that if you're having transoms over the doors/windows that they are sized different as you can see in my photo--both are 12" transoms by the manufacturer specs, but you can see the obvious difference. The transom window height differential does still bother me & is one of the things I would gladly pay to change--but that's another story.

Hope this helps!

• boymom23
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mydreamhome, thanks so much for posting these pics! This helps me a lot! Your house is lovely! :)

• lucy0214
    11 years ago

{{gwi:1426238}}
    {{gwi:1426239}}
    {{gwi:1426240}}

• boymom23
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lucy, thank you SO much for adding these photos for me! It looks great! You've definitely made me feel good about choosing the beige.*I'm not too far from Bonaroo myself!
    Good luck with the rest of your build; looks like you'll be moving in soon!