Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! How to blend the interior plan with the exterior

Posted by kateshome (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 20:18

Many of you have been so kind to comment on recent front elevations that I have submitted, but have said that it's difficult to give helpful comments without seeing the interior plan. So here is the interior plan that we really like and the last exterior sketch.How to blend them both?I worry about the corner where the garage meets the house. Would it be better to pull the garage away from the house in order to get rid of that awkward corner by the garage that looks like its missing windows? Or any other opinions are so appreciated! Thank you! I can only attach on pic at a time, so this is the first floor.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! How to blend the interior plan with the exterior

I don't see a worrisome corner where the garage meets the house. Are you talking about the left or right side where garage and house intersect?

I think your most recent elevation, without the bay window in the great room is much improved from previous elevation studies.

I think you are finished and ready for construction documents and bidding. Don't fuss with the elevation or the plan much more!

Good luck with your project.

o
RE: Help! How to blend the interior plan with the exterior

Where is the exterior sketch? It would be good to have them both in the same thread.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here