Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dreamywhite

New Home - New Fireplace - Show Us Your Pic

dreamywhite
15 years ago

Looking for ideas on a new fireplace for our upcoming build. DH wants stone and I am considering a beautiful white mantel with marble. Would LUV to see your brand new fireplace's in your new homes - show them off please.

Comments (22)

• hollyh3kids
    15 years ago

We have stone and love it. With an old beam from a 100 year old factory as our mantle. Marble is too fancy for us but it may work for you! :)

• crazyhouse6
    15 years ago

Ours is more like what your husband has in mind. I was very worried that it would overpower the room and make the house look too rustic, but it definitely doesn't.

(I don't think the mantel or cabinet furnishings will be staying.)

• Phobie Privett
    15 years ago

The lighting is terrible, but here's mine:

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Here is ours. We purchased the marble on special at HD for $5 sq. ft. and the FP surround was from a big box molding store for $88. We purchased the little decoration on the front from an online retailer for about $7. The over mantle was about $200 for the wood, half legs and mirror. The firebox was a little over $200 and is not real, it's a pretend fireplace with gel candles. Down here we have no need for a real fireplace. I just wanted something to give the room a focal point and have something to decorate for Christmas. LOL Good luck.

{{gwi:1397848}}

{{gwi:1425557}}

Before the overmantle was added

{{gwi:1425558}}

This is a true representation of the marble color

{{gwi:1417449}}

• justmeinsd
    15 years ago

Ours is dry stacked. this picture is before they finished the bottom area

• megradek
    15 years ago

here's our family room fireplace. for some reason I don't have a good shot of it with the limestone mantel from a distance.

the basement fireplace

• lsst
    15 years ago

Both of our fireplaces are white with granite and marble surrounds.
    The family room has Galaxy Black granite for the surround.
    {{gwi:1410466}}
    The LR is formal with a beige marble surround.
    {{gwi:1425570}}

• eastgate
    15 years ago

Brutuses, it appears that you built out the wall to mimic the look of a brick chimney behind the fireplace. Could you tell me the dimensions--how many feet does it stick out from the wall? I was thinking of doing the same thing in my re-build.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

eastgate, DH said it's about 18" from the wall. The firebox was 16" so he just built it a bit larger to accomodate the box.

• eastgate
    15 years ago

Thanks, Brutuses.

• kjboggs
    15 years ago

Ours does not extend away from the wall any since it is gas logs, only the hearth but it was an easy DIY project and we love it!

• eastgate
    15 years ago

KJBoggs, that would not be a DIY project for me! Yours definitely looks professional. This is a stupid question, but do the gas logs provide some heat?

• Lori Billy
    15 years ago

Just got mine today!

Here is a link that might be useful: fireplace

• arch123
    14 years ago

Here is our stone fireplace

Here is a link that might be useful: firelace

• mamabirrd
    14 years ago

Great fireplaces!
    We are in the masonry biz so I enjoy looking at all of them.

This isn't the best pic, but here is ours all SaranWrapped up :)

It is a see through fireplace that is approx. 20' tall. Sits in between our future living and dining areas and is faced in stone from our property.
    You can't really see the hearth in this pic.

I haven't found my mantles yet, but they will most likely be very old pieces of wood. I also have electricty on each side for Christmas lights or whatev.

• mitri89
    14 years ago

Not very upclose of the stone, but here's ours...

• peytonroad
    14 years ago

Here is my basement fireplace.
    {{gwi:1425580}}

• cpuryear
    14 years ago

Just posted this in the "HOws your build going " thread:

Front

and back:

• sunnny
    14 years ago

These are all so nice. The double sided fire place from Mamabird is stunning. We talked about doing a double from the living room to the piano room but have decided we'll do ao nice bookcase and make it into more of a library.
    Does any one know of e double sided gas stove inset??

• mamabirrd
    14 years ago

Thank you sunnny!

I have seen double sided gas fp's on several occasions, but can't find a picture at the moment. If I do, I will post.

• sessygail
    14 years ago

My first posting here, even though I visited often during our build. We have been in our new home for a month now and the fireplace is one of my favorite things about it! We had originally thought we would do stacked stone but we started to think it might overpower the room. We took a risk and did Chinese Multicolored slate instead and we couldn't be happier! Here it is:

• gopintos
    14 years ago

Here is mine. On the small side but it fits the room. Have to get the mantle yet.

{{gwi:1425586}}