Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Angled house plans - not much luck

Posted by wonderinginnh (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 15, 10 at 17:04

Not having much luck searching for websites for angled house plans.

I found eplans, architechturalplans, dongardener, houseplans.com, etc., but most of the search functions do not allow for the word 'angled'.

Will I have to purchase software?

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Angled house plans - not much luck

Is this the kind of 'angled' house you are looking for?
I don't have any tips for searching. I just happened to know if this one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Evergreen House Plan

o

Not sure what you mean by angled??

o

Is this what you are looking for? Under "Design Elements" on the Don Gardner site, Angled floorplans is one of his categories. If it is a plan that has an inside load garage, where the driveway is in front of the house and the garage doors are either on an angle or inside loaded, then I bet the search terminology would be something to do with the garage (in a quick look it seems like everyone called this type something different.). Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Don Gardner Angled House Plans

o

Alan Mascord has a search option "angled garage". We have also been looking for the "perfect" plan with an angled garage, and are currently taking pieces of many homes and trying to come up with something close before we take it to the draftsman/designer. Several months ago I asked this same question on this forum. Got some very helpful responses, and one real sarcastic dig. Was glad to see your post. Good luck in your search.

We want to build a prairie style ranch home, and I've found several websites with great plans. Can share these as well if you're interested. through my searches, I've become a huge fan of Jon Rentfrow designs.

Here's a few other websites -- which you may already know about.

http://house-blueprints.net/blueprint_30501.htm
http://www.thehousedesigners.com/plan_details.asp?PlanNum=1559
http://www.houseplanguys.com/plan_details.asp?id=32942

Here is a link that might be useful: Alan Mascord Homes

o

mdva, polkadots and Joyce - EXACTLY! I did find 2 of those and will certainly research the rest, thanks so much!

I wish the Evergreen was attached, almost perfect with some mirror image changes! one floor, 2 bd, 2.5 ba and 2 car attached. I will keep in touch as my search progresses. Again, thanks!

o

wonderinginnh ,
Take a look at Sater designs (see link).
The site search feature does not have the angled option but a lot of his homes have skewed lines somewhere :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Sater Design

o

We built Don Gardner's Evergreen plan if you are interested in seeing photos. In the meantime, I'll try to refresh my memory on how to post photos!

o

I am interested in Don Gardner's "The Evergreen" angled house plan. Is there anyone who has built this house and could post some photos of the finished house?

o

We are currently having a house designed for us with an angled garage. We used a local builders plan as a 'jumping off' point.

o

I agree with previous poster that said search for 'angled garage'. That's what we did and we came up with the 'Vida de la Confianza', which we bought, and then made a ton of changes to it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vida de la Confianza

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here