Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom Mirror/Lighting Dilemma

Posted by uponthehilltop (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 30, 14 at 13:48

I posted this in the bathroom forum as well. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Hello All,
We are in the final month if our build and I am stumped on how to best place mirrors and lighting in our master bathroom. The cabinet rendering looks cramped, it is not so tight in person.
Ceilings are 10 feet
Would you have a wall mirror put in and wrap around and place sconces in the mirror?
The sinks are not centered, so I cannot figure how individual mirrors would look, but that is my preference over huge walls covered with mirrors.
Could I do two mirrors that matched but one was wider than the other?
How would you place lighting?
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom Mirror/Lighting Dilemma

You could treat each wall individually. Somehow I think that using an over mirror or pendant fixture would be better than side sconces which would be too much as you'd need 4 to keep it symmetrical. But somehow that corner seems to be calling for something....maybe 1/4 round glass shelves...or maybe a built-in corner cabinet...

o

Is this the master and do you have kids? The wall to wall mirror is nice if multiple people are primping at the same time. I have college age DD's who often are in our br. The big mirror is nice.

Do sconces give off glare? I would be tempted to do lights fixtures above the mirrors.

o

Thanks for the input! This is in the master bath...I will keep you guys posted on what we decide!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here