Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have I lost my marbles?

Posted by gingerjenny (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 29, 12 at 13:23

So, I've been looking at lighting and came across this light.

http://media-cache9.pinterest.com/upload/85286986663410144_evTTc3QG_f.jpg

Do you think it would look ok in our powder room or is it too dark? I'm not big on motifs really but thought it would be cute. The lot we are looking at is on a street called "Dragonfly". Maybe i've been looking at stuff too long. Just wondering if others thought this would be cute in a craftsman style house.

Here is a link that might be useful: light

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have I lost my marbles?

I think its cute and not at all too dark! And the powder-room is the perfect place for a subtle nod to your street name.

What kinds of bulbs does it take and how deep are the shades? You wouldn't want to ruin the look by having the twirly ends of modern CFLs sticking an inch out beyond the shade so make sure that whatever bulb you would use will fit fully into the shade. Otherwise, I say "go for it."

What else were you thinking of putting in the bathroom?

o

Before I even read your post I looked at the picture and thought the light looked looked craftsmen. Too cute. The dark shades may not let a lot of light through but just how much light do you need in a powder room.

I love Dragonflys too.

o

The walls will be a khaki and just white towels with dragonflys embroidered on them. The hardware will match. I will check on those measurements...thanks for the tip I hadn't thought of that. :) My husband is going to love me when I show him this one! Lol

Thanks everyone. I just worry it is too theme oriented but with the street name its kinda cute.

o

Ay idea where to purchase the lights?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here