Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blinds/Shutters - Best Place ???

Posted by dpusa (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 13:14

Hey all

We are within a month of moving in - outside of blinds.com any recommendations for plantation shutters, roman shades or faux wood blinds?

Thanks so much
D

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blinds/Shutters - Best Place ???

We have also used blindsgalore.com with good results for faux wood blinds and woven blinds. I have no experience with shutters or roman shades though.

o

My SIL used selectblinds with good results. They always seem to be running a special too. Not sure about their selection compared with what you are looking for, but she got all her blinds (for a new build) through them with no troubles on sizing, etc.

o

If you have a Louver Shop near you, they are great for plantation shutters. Great quality and prices. I have used them on 3 homes and my parents have used them twice on second homes and once in their primary home.

Also have good basic colors that match many common paints - we used dover white in this house.

The other thing I like about them is they come out once to measure and you can fill the order whenever or just part of the order. Prices may go up but we did this in our old house - did front of the house and master first and then added other places (other bedrooms not being used at the time, etc.)

o

I have to say - we ordered levelor brand wood blinds for the kitchen and just recently (as in installed yesterday) ordered the value brand for the dining room since we are planning to sell and there is a clear difference in quality between the 2.

The stain is much more even with the levelor and just overall quality (feel of the slats, opening mechanism,etc.). Value brand isn't awful but it's definitely a difference.

We also replaced our sons blind with a cellular blind - value brand and that however I am most pleased with. No issues at all.

I think on line is fine just be careful with price point. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here