Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
home building blogs?

Posted by gingerjenny (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 23, 12 at 12:55

I thought about maybe starting a blog to document this whole home building process...yeah, i have nothing better to do. lol

I was just wondering if anyone out there knows of some blogs that documented their build. I thought they might provide an interesting read.

i've googled and found a few but thought I'd ask here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: home building blogs?

These folks recently built and did a great job blogging it.

Here is a link that might be useful: de Jong's House Blog

o

the absolute best of all time

http://www.ahousebythepark.com/journal/

start at the beginning.

o

I started mine before we began construction. It's been a way for me to put moving at this stage of our lives into perspective and help remember some of the milestones.
Mine is about moving to VA, getting to know our new hometown, and some about our home life and family in addition to the building details.
Go for it gingerjenny! You'll find it a lot of fun!

Here is a link that might be useful: www.newsfromthehill.com

o

I started mine mainly to post pics for a couple of my friends that live far away. I didn't want to clog email with picture sizes, and personally, I didn't want to blast on facebook to everyone.

Here's ours...but we are just begininning, so still a lot to cover...

Here is a link that might be useful: http://foxmeadowhome.blogspot.com/

o

Not much of a writer, so I used my photo-sharing site and added a few captions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vitt Hus

o

gingerjenny,

I have posted my blog before, but I'll tack it on here, in case you didn't see it. I started it to chronicle the progress and keep others informed about what was going on. Some of it is informative and some of it is just silly. I tried very hard to keep a positive attitude during the build, look for the humor, and remember that the house was a blessing and not a burden.

Here's an example of a post where I looked for the humor in a bad situation.

Here is a link that might be useful: We're in deep doo doo now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here