Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Family Room Furniture Arrangement

Posted by cbusmomof3 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 5, 12 at 12:28

Hi Everyone.

I've started to do some furniture shopping but I'm stuck on the coffee table. We will have two identical 82" 3 cushion sofas perpendicular to each other. One will face the fireplace and the other will face the two identical swivel barrel chairs. In my opinion, this is the best for conversation/entertaining and family lounging.

When I put my furniture in floorplanner.com I think a square coffee table would look the best. However, the one I want is rectangular. Do you think a rectangular table would work with this configuration?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Family Room Furniture Arrangement

Is it possible for the the sofas to face each other?

o

It is, but that would put the two chairs facing the television and DH REALLY wants a sofa facing the tv. I conceded because I got the tight-back sofas and the chairs I wanted (he wanted a sectional).

So, I'd like for it to stay arranged the way I described. However, I can see me asking him to rearrange it occasionaly for large parties or just for kicks when I've need a change.

o

How about a round ottoman that can double as a coffee table? We are doing something similar to your layout with two sofas and chose the round ottoman. It also gives our big long room a different feel.

o

@ motherof3- I proposed that idea (well, a square ottoman) very early in our furniture shopping but my husband isn't a fan of the ottoman look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here