Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whidbey_gw

beware knobsandthings.com scam!! AKA Home Decor Products...

whidbey
15 years ago

I placed my order on March 10 for quite a bit of bathroom hardware. Of course they charged my credit card right away. I checked their website for the status of my order over a week ago and it said "items are being shipped direct from manufacturer." It had a ship date of March 17. I checked the status again after a few days went by and I had received nothing. It said "shipping delayed." That's it. No other information. I then sent an e-mail asking for the status of my order and when I could expect to receive it. No response. Over the course of a week, I sent 6 more e-mails, no response. I've called their number every day for over a week DURING BUSINESS hours and the recording says "We are closed. Please call back during regular business hours." All I can think is that they closed down and ran off with people's money.

I ordered from a different one of their companies a few weeks ago and received my order, no problem. What's scaring me is even when I called their corporate office, it has the same recording. And today, their corporate website is GONE. www.hdpi.com (Home Decor Products, Inc)

This company operates EIGHT websites:

Knobsandthings.com

HomeClick.com

HomeClickPro.com

AbsoluteHome.com

Barbeques.com

ChristmasCatalog.com

FlooringStore.com

ChefsCorner.com

These websites are still letting you place orders!! I've already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I even called Emtek, the manufacturer of the jardware that I ordered, who said they weren't "allowed" to give me any information about whether or not my order had been received since I was not the actual customer. I even told the guy these things and he said he would try contacting their office with the number he had (which of course was the same one listed on the HDPI corporate website before they took it down).

So as of today I am out almost $500. Luckily I used my American Express and will call them (they're usually pretty good about these types of things).

Does anyone know if where something like this can be reported?? They are still operating EIGHT sites that are still taking orders daily.

I will keep this post updated should anything change.

Comments (15)

• whidbey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

An update and confirmation:

I called Emtek again, who still can't tell me whether or not they received my order. However, the supervisor confirmed that he was aware of the issue and has received other calls as well. He agreed that it appears these companies have shut down with no notice. Again, these websites are still up and running, taking orders and taking your money! BEWARE!

• sierraeast
    15 years ago

I think it's something that is going to get to be common with desperate businesses going out of business in the continuing hardships of these times!

• whidbey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Another update:

I spoke with the Trenton, NJ BBB who said they have been flooded with calls. From everything they gather the company is closed. They are checking into whether the company has filed bankruptcy. They will be putting a warning up on their website and suggested I contact the NJ State Office of Consumer Protection. I also contacted my local news "porblem solvers." This isn't about me... I'm trying to save a whole lot of people from losing lots of money.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Can't the credit card company investigate? So sorry this happened to you.

• whidbey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

brutuses, my American Express already credited me the amount. They said of course they will contact the company however this could take up to three weeks. (They won't be able to reach anyone anyway since all you get is a recording). In that time there will be many more victims. I'm just trying to get the word out there. These are VERY popular sites that continue to receive orders daily.

• olegy
    15 years ago

I placed several orders though homeclick.com and did receive most of the items in promised time. They sell brand names much cheaper then any competitors, so it is very tempting. I'd say even more - on one item there was a delay and they offered 10% discount. One item was discontinued and they promptly refunded it. However, their customer service is terrible - do not respond to emails - never, long hold time on the phone, charge you for order at the time of placing it, not at the time of shipping. But as I said, I eventually received brand name itmes for much less then from other retailers, no shipping charges, no tax.

• whidbey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I, too have had previous positive experience. We just built a new house and I've ordered quite a few things online. I ordered from two of their websites about six weeks ago and received everything fine.

Again, this JUST HAPPENED. I did not have any problems until two weeks ago. Like I said, just putting the warning out there. You can contact the Trenton, NJ Better Business Bureau and they will confirm all of the recent complaints.

• whidbey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

BTW olegy, try calling ANY of their phone numbers during the day... every single line, including their corporate office says they are closed.

• terri23
    15 years ago

I just went to homeclick.com and the site is closed. There is a message stating that existing orders have been cancelled and refunded. They also state that although they are not taking any new orders, they expect to be open again in several weeks. Sounds like this may be a case of bankruptcy having been filed. Thanks for the heads-up!

• whidbey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Phew! It looks like they put up a message on the websites. I'm telling you, they only did it because of all of the complaints. Hopefully they will refund any money from orders they didn't fulfill. :)

• shadow700
    15 years ago

If you have an open order with them, do not wait for the refund.... dispute the charge.

That way, the onus is on them to respond. Otherwise, you are floating them a free loan for the time it takes for them to refund your money.

If and when the refund comes through, your credit card company should automatically remove the dispute credit from the account.

• richmond_j_comcast_net
    15 years ago

The same thing happened to me, put in an order last month with homeclick.com 'cept I used paypal to pay, I just filed a dispute claim and I can only hope I can get a refund from them. :-(

• wear_your_baby
    14 years ago

http://www0.epinions.com/pr-Online_Stores_Services-HomeClick_com/sec_~survey_list/display_~reviews/pp_~1/sort_~date/sort_dir_~des#survey

You guys need to leave feedback. I was getting ready to order from them and I was so excited about their Toto pricing/sales. Shoot now I guess it's too good to be true.

• drjoann
    14 years ago

The problems with Homeclick were a year, ago. I successfully received a large order from them right before things went haywire.

If you look at recent reports at bizrate it is still a mixed bag, but quite a few are positive. It looks like a potential issue with something like a Toto is that they may not get the item into the house when it is delivered to the house.

• moshiri40
    13 years ago

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WALL DECORS

Picto-Carpet is a kind of carpet which use for decoration on the wall, But Has Principle Differences With Floor Carpets EG, Subjects, Designing, Dyeing, Textures and Post Processing. From the aspect of Consuming Material, Both Carpets and Picto-Carpets are Equal But the Images in the Picto-Carpets are More Regular and more Color is Used.

CHANGEING A FACE PICTURE INTO A SILK & WOOL CARPET

You can send us a face picture of yourself or the person to whom you want to give the present, And we will deliver you a very beautiful silk carpet like the picture you have given us.

You can see the most beautiful and valuable picto-carpets in the following URLs :

www.picto-carpet.net.tc
    www.picto-carpet.ir

Here is a link that might be useful: CENTER OF SILK & WOOL HAND-WOVEN PICTO-CARPETS