Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
putschki

Tiniest 'wet room' and walk-in pantry--too tiny ?

putschki
12 years ago

Hi everyone. Our design provides for a 9' wide x 30' mudroom that straddles the kitchen/FR and attached garage. It provides a family entrance for 3 kids, drop zone, laundry, and leads out to the pool. In addition to lots of storage on both sides of a 4'6" passage, I would like the mudroom to contain a walk-in pantry and a bathroom so the swimmers do their showering and pottying here. Do you think...

* 2'8" x 7'5" is too small for a walk-in shower and toilet used primarily by kids? Shower on one end, toilet on other, pocket door in between. I would be open to having this be a "wet room' where the whole room is tiled w/ floor drain (will have to figure out the toilet paper shelter), and also open to having no sink since the laundry sink will be right next to this bathroom

* 5' wide x 4'8" deep too tiny for a walk-in pantry to store food, Costco purchases, cleaning supplies ? I would probably do a cute long curtain in lieu of door. It would actually be a walk-thru pantry as it would be open to the kitchen on on end, to the mudroom on the other.

Thank you for your wisdom, home builders !

Comments (4)