Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roofing Help - Company and Colors

Posted by MichelleDT (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 14, 12 at 11:18

We just received word back that the Architecture Review Board will not approve our planned dark bronze roof and we must limit to no more than 25% of the total roof. We will now use the metal as accents and concrete or clay tiles for the majority of the roof.

I have looked at Borol and Westile and can't find a color that will look good with the metal accents and our stone. Dark Bronze alum windows and doors...contemporary home so shake shingle style won't look right.

Any ideas on companies or colors I should look at it. Very bummed as the metal roof was perfect for the home.

Exterior Colors:

Photobucket

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roofing Help - Company and Colors

I remember the plans of your gorgeous contemporary Prairie/Craftsman home and I don't think I'd take No for an answer.
I can't picture your home with those low rooflines with anything other than a dark standing seam metal roof.
Could you have your architect help you with an appeal of the review board?

o

What was the reason for the disapproval? Perhaps someone here can suggest some alternatives that will satisfy them.

o

Bottom line, no more than 25% metal even though ARB calls out metal as OK. We are one of the last to build in a small gated community of 50 so we think they just don"t wont us to be the the only metal roof in the group of clay and cement. Not happy but.....

I need to find a slate tile roof in bronze color...

o

Anyone out there doing a dark bronze colored concrete or terracotta slate tile roof?

Please and thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here