Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Certainteed Impressions Price Compared to Hardi Plank?

Posted by DCRanger (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 11, 12 at 11:13

Looking at siding now and wondering the general price differences between Certainteed Impressions or Hardi-Plank. Anyone have experience? 2500 s.f 1-story.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Certainteed Impressions Price Compared to Hardi Plank?

We are considering Certainteed Impressions, too. I noticed today on their website that in their list of siding products, it is the highest priced with four dollar signs....$$$$. In an early talk with our builder, when I mentioned this product, he whistled...never a good sign!

I can't address your question, but should future maintenance be a part of the cost considerations? Doesn't HardiPlank have to painted every so often?

o

This is not exactly the data you are looking for, but we compared Smartside with Certainteed Impessions. The Certainteed was an upgrade of $5,000 for our house. We ended up with the Certainteed (which we love) because I just didn't like the colors of the Smartside at the time. Since then, they've come out with some better colors.

Our builder has had some problems with HardiPlank company honoring their warranty, so he steered us away from them. Unfortunately, I don't know the details of that warranty problem. But many on this forum use it without problems, at least that I'm aware of.

Good luck, that is a very pretty ranch home.

o

Dc, like the exterior of your house. Any interior floor plans that we can see? Thanks

o

aries61 - Sorry for the delayed response. Here's the plan, although there were a few minor changes, but you get the idea. We break ground in 3 weeks or so.
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here