Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (27)

• ILoveRed
    12 years ago

Love pinterest. I pinned several of your ideas. Thanks! Love the baskets under the washer and dryer.

• MichelleDT
    12 years ago

Love Pinterest - I have been using it for our new build and our architect and builder have access to the boards. We also use the Houzz ideabooks and they have access to those too.

Some great ideas above - love the iPhone outlets for a drop zone.

M

• mom2samlibby
    12 years ago

I love pinterest too. It's been great for helping me design out upcoming build. We are still finalizing plans, etc., but without pinterest, I wouldn't be able to make decisions like I have been.

• DLM2000-GW
    12 years ago

Oh, GREAT ideas! Please keep them coming! With the exception of the iphone (don't have one), I'm repinning each one. We already did a custom pedestal for our washer/dryer that house the long, low roll out plastic storage bins, but you could still do that AND have one for laundry baskets.

What are you using for search parameters on Pinterest to come up with these inspirations?

• athensmomof3
    12 years ago

Great ideas. I saw a plug outlet at Home Depot the other day with one plug and the upper plug was 2 usb chargers. Already decided to get two and put them by our bed (we have 4 outlets there) so we can charge iphone/ipad/kindle without those stupid adapters!

• Frankrizal
    12 years ago

I like pinterest too! Nice photos too! I like them all.

• gingerjenny
    Original Author
    12 years ago

as for my search parameters i just usually look at home decor. I get a lot of them from people i follow on pinterest. just ones i've collected over time.

Some are ones i found online and added myself. a great place to keep track of your ideas :)

• graceshan
    12 years ago

I use it too! It's been sooooo helpful to just show my builder or his subs my photos there. I have a cabinet board as well as new house board with general ideas. Love your pins. I followed you! Here's a link to my boards too...

Here is a link that might be useful: My Pinterest Boards

• EngineerChic
    12 years ago

I'm not on Pinterest (yet) but use the Moodboard app on my iPad constantly to see how different things look together. I also love it b/c it stores where I got each image, so when I finally decide which faucet to go with (from the 5 I've pasted onto the MBA mood board) I can click & it takes me back to the webpage. No more 2,000 slips of paper :)

Now I can't go shopping without my iPad, though, because each room has a "board" in there and if I see something cool I need to see how it works with the rest of the choices.

If you have an iPad they have a free version that lets you create one board (actually, you can create a bunch of them & save them as image files but you can only have one moodboard at a time). I splurged on the paid version, it's pricey for an app ($10) but cheaper than Olio board.

• dutty
    12 years ago

Ooooo... I LOVE these boards!!! I'm not on Pinterest because I'm still waiting for my invitation. They are backlogged or something. I'm meeting with my builder today and wouldn't it be nice to have something like this?!

Would anyone care to send me an invite so I can jump on quicker? I grabbed quite a few of your pics but just put them on my desktop since I can't pin them. :o(

• Kate @ The-Hall-Way
    12 years ago

dutty - send me a message with your email address (should be able to by clicking on my profile) and i'll send you an invite.

I use it too for ideas for our new house (plus other things). Like graceshan, I think it will be helpful to be able to pull up the pictures to show our builder. I've also started using the ExpoBoard app for Mac to organize my ideas by rooms.

Here are my boards:

• ILoveRed
    12 years ago

Engineer chic-just got mood board. How fun!

I am now "following" you all on pinterest and you have great boards. Mine are not nearly as interesting. I pin a lot of my daughter's ideas.

• dutty
    12 years ago

@khall - I sent you an email! Thanks so much!!!! I've got your boards minimized on my desktop cause there are already so many things I want to repine. That nest thermostat looks awesome!!

• LilFlowers MJLN
    12 years ago

I am on pinterest as well. I agree that it is addicting!! I have found several Great ideas and must confess that I've even pinned some of the pics from fellow gardenweb posters. I forget where I saw something that I want in our build, so I LOVE being able to pin pictures so I don't forget.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Pinterest page

• MichelleDT
    12 years ago

Great pins everyone....I have the Mister addicted too...

If anyone needs an invite, let me know.

• A.Davis
    12 years ago

Pinterest is addicting and has great ideas. It is great to see everyone's boards!

Here is a link that might be useful: My pinterest boards.

• mom2samlibby
    12 years ago

Here are my boards.

Here is a link that might be useful: My pinterest boards

• gingerjenny
    Original Author
    12 years ago

here is a link to mine. :) love seeing all your boards

Here is a link that might be useful: my boards

• dejongdreamhouse
    12 years ago

Not sure how I managed to get an invite so quickly but I've been on for almost a year, and I can't imagine building without it!

It's kind of fun to see what pins blow up, too. I pinned a picture of my old pantry last August or September, and then about a month ago, I started seeing it everywhere. So far it has over 1500 pins!

Here is a link that might be useful: My pin boards

• melaska
    12 years ago

I discovered Pinterest a few months ago - I love it! Great place for me to collect ideas for our new build this Spring. You'll see lots of ideas were garnered from Gardenweb :)

I also have loads of other subject so have fun...I know I'm having a good time going through others' on here :)

Also, here's a Pinterest tip sheet I put on one of my boards - it will help you make the most of it:

http://pinterest.com/pin/274297433524558834/

Here is a link that might be useful: My Pinterest boards

• supergrrl7
    12 years ago

I'm on there too!

Here is a link that might be useful: Supergrrl7's pinterest boards

• ppbenn
    12 years ago

I had my invite but cannot actually "join
    because I have to log on via Facebook and I guess I'm the only one on the planet NOT on Facebook. Love the ideas tho and also love Houzz. If any of you use pintrest without facebook let me know how...

• DLM2000-GW
    12 years ago

I do not use FB to log in - look around the log in page a bit - they WANT you to use FB but there should be an option to skip it and log in with email and password.

Here is a link that might be useful: DLM2000 @ Pinterest

• sanctuarygirl
    12 years ago

Yep, I have been on Pinterest since last fall. Totally addicting! A visual scrapbook where I can keep every single house idea, organize them, and access them from anywhere. AND link back to the source. Who would not love this? Extremely useful.

• wishiwasinoz
    12 years ago

I'll join in the fun, too. Love me some Pinterest. I'm not sure what I did with my time pre-Pinterest (but I sure watch a lot less HGTV now).

Here is a link that might be useful: Eggspinaddit @ Pinterest

• pbx2_gw
    12 years ago

Houzz is our favorite. Great pics over there.

• carp123
    11 years ago

oh yes...it's saved my hard drive...that's for sure!
    almost 2 years on it and i couldn't imagine building a house with out it.