Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newhouseorbust

Interiors pics of our Summerlake Plan by Frank Betz

newhouseorbust
12 years ago

Finally have pics! Here our some interior pics from our builders blog website. We chose a consistent blue\green\gray with chocolate accents on doors, floors and beams throught out. Granite in kitchen is Alaskan White with back counter perimeter in Leathered Black Alacruz.

Here is a link that might be useful: Summerlake

Comments (10)

• kelhuck
    12 years ago

Do you have any other pics of your brown doors? I'd love to see the contrast between the brown and your white trim. Beautiful house and colors, btw!

• newhouseorbust
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi thank you! yes below is a link to our photobucket I added 1 of the doors (pardon the lighting).

Here is a link that might be useful: more interior pics

• kelhuck
    12 years ago

I LOVE it! What a great idea! Keeps the grime from little hands hidden, I bet. I may have to steal your idea. Thanks for sharing!

• PRO
    Window Accents by Vanessa Downs
    12 years ago

You built a beautiful home!

• newhouseorbust
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, it certainly does hide the grime. I left the doors on the 2nd floor the trim color as they seemed to "pop" better with kid friendly room colors. It's ok to steal the idea I stole it from my girlfriend who did something similar...lol my superitendent thought I was crazy but I love they look hey it's only paint right?

• Norris35
    10 years ago

Maybe a long shot since this post ended last year but my wife and I just came across your summerlake pics. We viewed this plan about 2 1/2 years ago on the betz website and now we're closing on our loan to start construction. We made a few changes to the plan. We relocated the staircase to the side of the garage door so we could add a small butler's pantry where the original stairs were . We also stole a foot from the dining room and added to the kitchen. I think your house dining room is closed off like we did. Wanted to have option for an office. I had two question if you don't mind me asking? What are the measurements of the kitchen island? We thought about doing something different with the beams in the living room but do you know the width of the flat area of the vaulted ceiling? looks like about 6ft.

• travism30
    10 years ago

I am selling the summer lake plans. My wife and i bought the plans and decided to build another house. The plans are right reading reverse. Have 5 of the 8 we bought and looking to sell for $600. Email me at travismxi@yahoo.com

• mrspete
    10 years ago

Lovely house! You must be very happy!

Oddly enough, this is the second time today I've asked this question, but I'm really interested: Your kitchen appears to be the same size and layout as the one we're planning. Are you happy with the function of your kitchen?

Both you and the other poster have the refrigerator on the opposite end from what I'm planning . . . And I'm thinking you're in the right. And I'm thinking I want the sink in the main body of the cabinets, keeping the island free for prep work.

Anyway, I'd love to hear details on how your kitchen is functioning.

• newhouseorbust
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello sorry just seeing these now our kitchen island is 5x7 and yes we made our dining area an office and swapped ovens and fridge. We love the house however if we had to do it over again I would widen the center of the house as the foyer hall cuts into family room dimensions creating a walk way and makes furniture placement tough ....hindsight right????? You can email me directly at lmsamuel@comporium.net if you have more questions