Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's March 2013! How is your build progressing?

Posted by Autumn.4 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 7:51

I thought I'd kick it off since I love to look and can't wait to join!

Here's to milder weather (hope) clearing the way for great leaps in progress!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's March 2013! How is your build progressing?

Ours is in the final month - fireplace up!

o

Stairs completed; took DH a while to do them, but we are pleased with the results. We went non-trendy carpeting since we have little tykes and old folks here. DH is off today to buy our first trim material and will start with the kitchen.

You all know our story, finishing off bits while we live here. Each task seems like such an improvement; if everything had been done before move-in, we would have missed some little triumphs I think.

o

Finally!!!!! It doesn't look like much right now, but we got the final approval and are moving trees! Did I mention it took 8 months for the bank to make a decision?

o

And now, the picture ...

o

Rain has slowed us down, but they are making progress!

o

Dpusa, stunning ceilings!!!

We are about to get our third (and hopefully final) preliminary plans.

o

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is a link that might be useful: Build Blog

This post was edited by sweet.reverie on Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 23:13

o

I would have moved in this weekend, but there is too much snow to get to where my furniture is stored...hoping for next week if the weather gods will cooperate. I went to the house and did some cleaning but have two gals coming Wednesday to help with things I am unable to do...also new furniture being delivered that day. I am so excited!

o

We just got our second set of preliminary plans. We think this is the plan, with just a few tweaks!

o

Lovely to see everyone's progress!

Phoggie, I'm praying for you to get some warm dry weather so you can get moved in.

Sweet_Reverie, I've been following your blog - even have it bookmarked. I would be posting comments to your blog but I don't happen to have any of the kinds of accounts one must have to post comments there... and setting up yet another website account strikes me as kind of like getting yet another store "loyalty card." I've got too dang many of the things already! LOL! But I did want to let you know that I'm taking a huge amount of vicarious pleasure in watching your home take shape. How are the interior room sizes feeling to you thus far? And does the floor plan "flow" the way you had hoped?

o

We are about a month from moving in but seems like there is a lot left to do. Stressing about every decision at this point. How can I stop stressing and just enjoy it?

o

We had about 4" of sleet then 8" of snow on top of it and no melting until today so there hasn't been any work done in 2 weeks. I almost didn't get out after taking this photo..gonna be in the 50's and 60's this week so the snow and ice should melt fast.

photo DSC06703_zps23b70eba.jpg

o

Bev: That is odd! I wonder why you could not comment as a guest? I will look at my blog settings. Yes! I actually LOVE every single interior space. When we first walked through, I started to tear up looking at the girls rooms because they are just so perfect! The two windows make a huge difference and I am just so happy I found this board and you! lol. It will be a cozy house, just what we want. The only slightly tricky room is the master closet because there is a supporting wall for the stairs that cuts right through the center of the room but it is nothing that cannot be fixed with some creative cabinets and rods. I am getting overwhelmed with the task of decorating the whole thing! I will link my pinterest below so you can have an idea of the look we are going for. Kind of a cottage look I guess. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: My pinterest.

o

Hardwoods are completely installed.
Kichen cabinets and bathroom cabinets went in over the weekend. Tomorrow our custom Master Vanity will be put together. Also, on Friday all of the trim and interior doors were delivered. We are about a month away from move-in!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Blog

o

@ Redsgal14 - we are in the same boat.
Got a 'beta' date from our builder for last friday of March delivery.

We're more stressed about our packing than the finished build if you can believe it. haha.

But looking at your pic, our status looks similar:

o

pbx2 - love your kitchen! Nice to know someone is in the same boat. I'm mainly stressed about all of the decisions I made 6 months ago coming to life. Yikes!
I'm getting a quote to have someone pack us. Have you considered it? Hopefully it won't be too expensive...

o

@Redsgal14 Thank you! We are envious of your island!

I know what you mean about decisions coming to life.
We actually were debating if we should've put can lights in our open concept dining room - after we were looking for a chandelier for it this weekend - that would have been a costly oversight had we not come to our senses.

As for movers - thank you for the tip but fortunately, we live in a condo right now so everything is mostly packed in boxes already in storage. It's all the personal nick nacks & current day's silverware & dishes that we have to pack ourselves - which is driving is crazy.

haha.

o

Dh met with the tree guy this morning. They'll clear trees from the building and septic sites on Weds and Thursday, and hopefully break ground early next week. We're racing the thaw-- if we don't get our foundation in before spring load restrictions go into effect for the roads, we'll likely be stuck waiting until about the 1st of May.

Here's hoping for cold weather and clear skies!

o

Stone install started over the weekend...

o

Another view

o

One more...

o

Everyone's houses look so good! Hopefully we will be in by the end of the month.
Kitchen cabinets in
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Patio wall
Probably my favorite thing-paper towel holder and sink

o

I can't believe I can finally join this thread! We've been dreaming of this since 2005! Finally, we are in escrow on a lot and are starting preliminary designs this coming week! YAHOOO!!! So excited. We plan to build big (about 7000sf) on a spectacular acre overlooking a golf course community in Orange County, CA.

Picture is of our view.

o

lucy0214, I've got the same glass cabinets at the top and I had the paper towel holder built-in also! So funny that you sound as excited as I am about this little feature. It's the little things...

o

Lucy0214 ~ I had seen a photo of your home on another thread I believe. Lovely inside and out! Anyway, was wondering if you might tell me if it was a stock plan from somewhere. Thanks!

o

Still need cedar shutters, screen porch,stone columns, and gable pediments
Thanks y'all! It is a stock plan I see everywhere but never could find a real picture of one. It's called vida de la confianza. I have been more excited about that sink and paper towel holder than anything else in the whole house!

o

Lucy,thanks for the info and photo. Again the house is absolutely lovely! You must be thrilled to being so close to move-in day. By the way, I love that sink too! Best of luck!

o

We closed on the construction loan on Monday. Finalizing the plot plan and then on to the construction meeting. Can't wait for the shovel to hit the ground. :)

o

Roof framing started yesterday, still trying to finalize some details on windows. So awesome to finally see the rooms.

roof2

Kitchen

kitchen11

roof1

roof11

roof12

kitchen1

Halllway
hallway

Family Room
familyroom1

Dining room
diningroom

o

Snuck in our build last night & caught a glimpse of this:

o

The snow has finally melted enough to get started again and the framing crew brought their job trailer out this afternoon and will start putting down the plates and getting the subfloor joists nice and level tomorrow.
The wife and I did get a few things accomplished during the down time though. We ordered all KitchenAid
appliances down to the garbage disposal and with the store discounts and KA rebates we are pretty happy.
We picked out the Kraft Maid cabinets and are just waiting for the Kraft Maid incentives to come out before we order. We are also building a 32'x45' insulated detached garage/man cave and got that package all picked out.
Now all we need is a few weeks of nice weather.

o

Ready for a roof on Monday!

o

The tree-clearing is done, and the surveyor comes today.

The view from the road. The trees in the center of the photo are very old. I have a thing for really old trees.
View from the road

The house site.
The house site

It's so nice to move from planning to doing!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our house blog

o

We have our working plans finished and are currently waiting for the bids to come back from our three builder finalists :)
I hate waiting...

o

building_a_house (My Page): What kind of stone is that? Love it!

o

Zone: Your site looks so pretty! How big is your lot?

o

Thanks Sweet.Reverie!

We have 10 acres. I never thought I'd own so much land. We feel very lucky.

o

I'm jealous, nah good luck everyone. My house has not start yet, but they put a temporary light pole up on Friday.

o

I haven't posted a pic in quite some time- it's been a wet winter! I finally got the tin on most of the roof. The garage is just in tar paper while I finish the gable end. I won't go up on a tin roof once it is done- too slippery, and I'm prone to vertigo, so roof work is a slow scary process for me.

Our house will be a Craftsman- Low Country style when finished. The front columns will be brick part way up, with the typical fat tapered square columns the rest of the way. There will be heavy timber brackets for the gable end roof. Siding will be Hardie clapboards, with board and batten on the gables. I'm going to gussy up what is basically a small, simple ranch; ideal for empty-nesters.

photo 012-1.jpg

o

Everyone has made great progress! Love all the pics shared.

Flgargoyle - We are on the same page for simple ranch homes. Ours is so small compared to all the others in the subdivision. No large roof lines or soaring ceilings for us. We are empty nesters, too and do not want to rent a cherry picker to change a lightbulb!

o

Flgargoyle-great progress. I have been wondering about you and how things were coming. Good to see an updated pic. :)

o

I haven't been diligent about keeping up with these threads, but we have moved in. There are still a lot of details to be corrected, but we rented our house we were living in and had to move. Here are a few pictures, please excuse the mess!

o

Our cedar house:

Dining area:

Slide down:

Slide at the bottom:

Downstairs play area for kids (where the slide ends):

o

Dining room....chandelier needs some adjustments....

o

Master tub. Sorry, I haven't figured out how to add multiple pictures from my computer.

o

Master bathroom...ignore the price tags on the mirrors!

o

Kitchen....again, please ignore the mess, we are unpacking!

o

Master shower

o

Bowyer, you're going to love your double dishwashers!

o

Roof is finally done!

Photobucket

o

Bowyer123- your house looks great! I love the chandelier in the dining room, would you be willing to share where you purchased it, brand, etc.?

o

We are officially in escrow as of today! Yahooooo! We also gave the architect his retainer. So the process begins...

This post was edited by kath0000 on Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 1:51

o

Our cabinet crown moulding went up yesterday after these pictures were taken.

Kellyeng...we already do! When we got here, we wash all of the glasses we had moved from the old house beacuse it had been a while. In the meantime we were loading up the other one with our regular daily dishes...love it. :-)

Ash 6181, the chandelier is made by Salento. I attached a link and hope it will work. We also have another fixture in our foyer and a sconce that is in the same 'family' as the dining room fixture. We are very happy with all three of them and felt like they were very reasonably priced. We did buy locally and didn't have to ship this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Salento Lighting

o

The houses and properties all look great.

We are struggling with our hardwood floors now, as many of you already know from my other post. Otherwise things are going well--the limestone fireplace in the basement is looking nice and the master bedroom ceiling is done. We love it.

o

We've got drywall up ready to be taped and finished. Siding is started on the back of the house. We signed off on our flooring order on Saturday. Everything at the house seems to be going really well, but our builder is concerned that our driveway/road (almost 1/4 mile gravel lane) will not be able to be put in due to all the moisture we have here right now. The ground is now thawing out so the site is an absolute mess, and I have a feeling we will be facing a delay in the very near future because they won't be able to get delivery trucks back there to drop off more materials. We're just keeping any eye on the weather and hoping for some warm, dry days ahead. Good luck to everyone else!!

photo IMG_0196_zps5d337098.jpg

photo IMG_0213_zps33c95d18.jpg

photo IMG_0202_zps152e7078.jpg

My big windows over the whirlpool tub.
 photo IMG_0215_zps9cc5fe8d.jpg

Our very own lake!!
 photo IMG_0200_zpse45190b3.jpg

o

It's really impressive to see so much thought that has gone into so many homes that are so different -- you all are looking great!

threeapples, that's the bedroom ceiling? Wow! Hope you would be willing to share more photos when you are finished.

o

Oaktown, yes, it's the bedroom. I'm happy to share more photos as things progress.
All the images here look wonderful;its so fun to see everyone's progress.

o

We have wood and an actual floor to walk on tomorrow!!!

photo DSC068381280x853_zps01dbf885.jpg

photo DSC068341280x853_zpsa88dfdaf.jpg

photo DSC068331280x853_zps53ec123b.jpg

photo DSC068301280x853_zps1025e383.jpg

photo DSC068291280x853_zps39974452.jpg

photo DSC068211280x853_zps6066c0b5.jpg

o

Not sure why my other picture is sideways. Anyhow, here are a few other images, one of the basement fireplace going in and the other looking from the hallway toward the foyer. The basement fireplace still needs the limestone hearthstone beneath the stones toward the bottom, and in this photo you cannot see the cute firebox toward the right or the wood stove that is covered in paper.  photo 2BFCDD14_zps1ff9092a.jpg

Basement fireplace photo 15481381_zps95bab251.jpg

o

Great progress pics everyone! It seems like there are more photos posted this month. Three apples I wanted to say that what I could see of your staircase looks really good! I hope all that worked out for you and it must have since it looks finished. Boyer - the home looks really beautiful on the Inside and I hope you'll post one of the outside too. Reverie-wow your house is going fast! I enjoy your blog. Lucy - love the look of your home and property. Good luck to all!

o

Double post

This post was edited by downsy on Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 23:15

o

I will take better photos of the stairs when the cement in the foyer dries. :)

o

I will take better photos of the stairs when the cement in the foyer dries. :)

o

Snuck into the house again last night & saw they had installed the drum light in the living rm & stained the stair hand rails...2.5 weeks away & still a lot to be done.

This post was edited by pbx2 on Wed, Mar 13, 13 at 10:06

o

Kitchen Granite has been installed and all interior doors and trim have been installed.
We are getting so close, but things seem to be going SOOO slow right now.
We are supposed to be in no later than April 15th, but I am feeling like it won't happen. Custom vanity still has to be built, shower has to be tiled, gutters have to be put on, from pillars have to be built, touch ups, appliances, plumbing fixtures installed.
Hopefully they get on their game.
In the mean time, we pack!

Here is a link that might be useful: More pictures of interior

o

@pbx2 can you tell me the manufacturer of your pendant light? It looks like the one we picked out but it's always hard to tell when you're selecting from a catalog. Thank you in advance!

@kaljr82 LOVE your kashmir white..we are looking at slabs this weekend.

o

@katrina161 - it's a Restoration Hardware ROUND SHADE PENDANT measuring about 25.5" in diameter - that we picked up at their outlet in NoVa.

Here is a link that might be useful: ROUND SHADE PENDANT

o

Thank you @pbx2!

o

Finally have a floor to walk on...AdvanTech tongue and groove flooring and it is glued and screwed and tomorrow we will have some walls up.

photo DSC068651280x853_zps78212dce.jpg

photo DSC068551280x853_zps8061efd2.jpg

photo DSC068541280x853_zps1b964d62.jpg

photo DSC068511280x853_zps497b3229.jpg

This post was edited by LOTO on Wed, Mar 13, 13 at 19:58

o

Thanks for the lighting info bowyer123.

o

Need some input! How long does it takes for a home to be completed once the Sheetrock texture is complete? Our home builder keep telling us that its too soon to tell. Also did I mention we WERE scheduled to close March 30th! Any comments would be helpful.
Thxs!

o

The brick is about half way done on the house. This winter has not been ideal for it!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Cabinets are going in this week:
Master bedroom:
they still need to finish the tile around the outside of the shower:

o

Cement+Fiber board has started going up! Primer color gray (for now!!!)

o
RE: It's March 2013!

One more view...

o

Roof! We chose a grey color and I like it.

o

building_a_house: You used all James Hardie products for your fiber cement? From your post, I take it you went for the simple primed option - is there a choice on primer tint/color? Lastly - can you identify the stone you picked?

Thanks a bunch!

o

Just noticed there are multiple inquiries about my build. Sorry for the delay in replying.

The stone is made by Horizon.

The fiber cement product is Certainteed and is their standard primer color gray.

o

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize Certainteed had a board and batten style.

o

That's what I was told. Will have to double check with my builder though.

o

Two weeks out

Exterior

Shot of one end of the Master Bath

o

Look something happen again! I doubt anything else will happen for a few days because the permit will not be available to march 21.

o

Things are finally getting going! I walked through every room in our house today! GIDDY!!!

o

Custom vanity was put together this weekend. Just waiting on one cabinet for it to be finished off. The missing part will just be open shelving.

We also got all of the trim installed and painted. Very little left to do. I think the big things are getting plumbing finished up and getting the gutters put on.
Really hope we are in by our April 15th deadline!

o

PBX2-you must be in my neck of the woods. I go to that outlet every week and haven't had any luck finding that light! Your place looks awesome!

o

@Eden-Manor- thank you for the kind words!

We're actually in Richmond but husband's family is in NoVa & LoCo, so we're always @ that RH outlet.

We lucked out on that drum pendant, a Foucault chandelier & our dual Hutton vanities. So it's helped with our build budget a lot to achieve the modern rustic look we're after.

o

I'm so excited to find this thread. We signed the contracts last month and the builder is set to break ground next week (weather pending). I've never owned a home before let alone custom-built one and I'm super excited. Seeing all of your photos just makes me even more giddy!! :)

o

Wow....all projects are really moving along. I can't wait to join in!
dupusa - I really love those chocolate brown shutters and stone combo...who supplied your stone and are the shutters composite wood or real wood?
Thanks!
Fun to watch all the builds become homes!
Pam

o

Spottythecat - The shutter wood; hmmm not sure! The color you see went on incorrectly (SW Black Fox) due to a builder error so we changed it to Sherwin Williams Caviar instead and that made it pop.

The stone is a Tennessee Field Stone in a Ashlar cut. Not sure where was sourced from as our builder got it.

o

Thanks dpusa....we were looking at Turkish Coffee for our shutters...looks pretty close.

For all those Restoration Hardware outlet shoppers...one opening here in FL...it's 2 hours away..is it worth the drive? Good stuff? Good prices?

Thanks!
Pam

o

Would love to see more of your home Pbx2

o

It feels like things are moving much more slowly at this point. Here a a few shots of the exterior, dining room trim detail, coffered ceilings in family room, window seat in game room and master vanity cabinets.

And lastly, the granite I have on hold....

o

The rain has really been slowing down the framers but it is spring in the Ozarks so anything can happen......6-8" of snow forecast for later in the week :(
The taller windows you see are in the vaulted great room and have transoms above them and open into the screened porch. The arch top window area is the breakfast/informal dining area off of the kitchen.
With a little luck the framers will get done this week and trusses are coming Thursday.
 photo 5_zpsd9093917.jpg

photo 2_zpse2d71446.jpg

photo 1_zps4e55a168.jpg

photo 3_zpsda3682e9.jpg

photo 4_zpsde10a60b.jpg

This post was edited by LOTO on Tue, Mar 19, 13 at 19:04

o

Everyone's home looks great. I wish I could say we have progress since the builder quit in September 2012 but that isn't the case. We have had more Engineers or County Inspectors in & out of our home it's crazy. We have issues but hopefully we are on the road to total repairs. All the bad soil from the foundation walls have been removed. Foundation walls cleaned and re-waterproofed. New drainage system being installed this week. After that they start busting out the basement slab and remove the gravel and 18" of soil and fill with all gravel. Then repour the slab......if the wall cracks don't show any movement from the monitors they have in place...if not, we are good to go and start back to building--instead of deconstructing!

o

Wow so many gorgeous homes! I see pbx and threeapples still hanging in there with me. Beautiful homes of course.

Well we are two months delayed but finally move in next week. I disappeared for awhile because the stress of one subcontractor. Overall our builder has been great and so have all the subcontractors. Even with the delay I know I am blessed to be moving into my dream home!

I will post more pics once we have the walk through over the weekend. Here is a pic of the kitchen with the 17 ft island that I am in love with! (ignore the orange that is a base coat for gray)

photo 9d4c1522-ae71-4335-b868-70d187862657_zpsba47452e.jpg
 photo d8cef597-4091-460c-94c7-f42d1d5d19d9_zps424bc22f.jpg

o

Lovely inside and out!

o

Wow ga! I remember when you were at planning stages. It looks great. I cannot wait to see more pics. My island is 14' and won't be installed until next week. Now I can "see" it a bit, thanks to your pictures. Good luck wrapping things up.

o

Moved in and loving it!....pics can be found in this site.....Phoggie's house. Thanks to all who gave me such good advice and encouragement ~~

o

Well, we are supposed to be getting ready to move in on April 15th, but nobody had been at the house since Saturday.
Still so much to be done, and I don't think they will be able to finish it (even though we already told our land lord we would be out by the 15th per our General contractors assurances)

Things that still need to be done:
Carpeting in 4 rooms, basically all of the plumbing, fireplace, master bathroom shower tile, gutters, front porch column trim, a tiny bit of trim and then the touchups.

Seems like way too much.
Has anyone else experienced this?? Maybe 3.5 weeks is enough time, but since basically nothing has happened at all this week I am worried.
Congrats to moving in phoggie! So jealous!

o

You all are progressing really well! Some beautiful house pics. too. Great going!

o

We hope to get our permit on Monday and break ground next week. Fingers crossed!

o

We hope to get our permit on Monday and break ground next week. Fingers crossed!

o

Has anyone noticed that we are now over 100 posts on this thread? That's way more than these monthly threads have had in recent years. Apparently the combination of spring coming, and a bit better economy is getting the house-building industry moving again. Yay!

o

The rain and snow this week has been hard on progress and the forecast is for 6-8" of snow on Saturday night.

photo 6_zps704cb774.jpg

photo 7_zpse6371898.jpg

photo 5_zpsb7844cb6.jpg

photo 4_zps534e09f1.jpg

photo 3_zps80ec63ee.jpg

photo 2_zps0203d32b.jpg

photo 1_zpsc50a33e4.jpg

o

@gaonmymind - love your island pendants! So glam & fab!

@swtceleb - thanks for your interest!

They tested lighting last week.

This post was edited by pbx2 on Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 2:41

o

Siding starting (just primed now, will be painted grey w/white trim):

We are doing hardi shingle over every inch of the house, very happy with this choice.

Here is a link that might be useful: Build Blog

This post was edited by sweet.reverie on Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 11:55

o

Your hardi shinges look very nice and what color are they? We are using hardi shingles to accent a couple of gable ends only..they are VERY pricey compared to the hardi lap siding.

o

So glad to have stumbled on this thread... so helpful for those of us building and are just behind the rest of you with regard to schedule/decisions to be made.

I have a question for "building_a_house" ;

I saw the picture you posted on your exterior stone being installed. Does it have a name ..??.. The picture I'm referring to is grey stone with some yellow also. I would like something like that -- grey with some yellow.

Not sure what part of the country you live in -- I'm in N.TX -- so not sure how available stone is across our country... but maybe a supplier / quarry would recognize the name.

o

LOTO: They are just primed right now. We will be painting them grey with white trim. The total siding cost was 22K including labor. It was our one splurge. :)

ETA: we did briefly consider doing just shingle accents but we decided our gables were too big.

This post was edited by sweet.reverie on Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 12:00

o

RE: Kitchen Cabinets - with glass cabinets at top

To "lucy0214" & " bowyer123"

Can you share how tall your ceilings are in your kitchen..??.. and how tall those lighted glass cabinets are.

I've been considering this approach for our new build and would love to see more pictures of how that looks by the range... presuming you carried that all the way through the kitchen.

Also "bowyer123" -- I need to do a layout similar to what you've done with some wall double ovens and microwave; Is your microwave comfortable to use at that height..??..

o

Jannz77,

My ceilings are 10 feet tall. The lower cabinets are 36" tall and the uppers are 31' from the bottom of the upper door to the ceiling. Also, the doors are different sizes near the ovens if you compare this picture with the ones I previously posted. We love the double ovens and separate cook top, more than a range. The height is better for us and 2 full-sized overs is preferable for us considering our cook top is only 36" wide.

The bottom of the microwave door is at 59" high from the floor. This is a just a bit higher than is ideal for my wife and kids, but we manage just fine. The frame around the microwave adds 3-1/2" inches to the height of the bottom of the door. I suppose you could do without the frame, but we like it.

Hope this helps!

o

Sweet.reverie: I've been waiting to see your siding going up. How exciting for you! Can't wait to see it once you have it painted.

And...just curious, did you ever consider cedar shingles? If so, did you opt for the hardie ones due to cost (I have no idea which is more expensive) or due to maintenance/ looks?

This post was edited by olivesmom on Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 21:00

o

Olivesmom: We did not really consider cedar simply for maintenance. :) We never priced it out.

o

Well I got to shovel snow all morning at my new build so the framers could work tomorrow...with owner/builder someone has to do the dirty work sometime....sore and tired and will be in bed early tonight.

o

double post

This post was edited by LOTO on Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 19:35

o

pbx2-love that graceful arch on the front porch. Very pretty!

Sweet.Reverie - coming right along! Love the shingles!

bowyer-would you mind sharing your window dimensions for the ones flanking your range? Outside dimension as well as glass dimension?

o

Our rangetop surround was installed. I've been stressing about this for weeks. Seriously stressing over everything at this point and must stop. Is it possible to enjoy it during the last month?

o

Reds gal - I am really hoping you post more photos of your home. Your kitchen stone detail over the range is awesome! And YES that final month just might be the worst in the building process, as you're just plain tired of the whole thing and ready to have the decisions over and no more surprises!

o

Double posT

This post was edited by downsy on Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 22:22

o

Everyone's homes are looking so lovely.
Redsgal that stone is fabulous.
Ill also need one of those slides in my next house like laurajanes.

Jannz-My ceilings are 10ft in the kitchen. I'm not sure how tall any of the cabinets are( terrible I know). I just gave them a sketch and they built them. Probably standard sizes.

o

Posted by Autumn.4 (My Page) on Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 19:37
pbx2-love that graceful arch on the front porch. Very pretty!

Thank you for the nice words.
We're pretty happy with the gull wing sides too.

o

Oohhhh! Very very nice pbx2! Love the stone and the shingle siding too. Sharp home!

redsgal-just keep staring at that beautiful stone surround and maybe all of your stress will melt away! That is gorgeous!

So many nice homes going up. I am getting so antsy to join you all. :)

o

Everyone's homes are looking so lovely.
Redsgal that stone is fabulous.
Ill also need one of those slides in my next house like laurajanes.

Jannz-My ceilings are 10ft in the kitchen. I'm not sure how tall any of the cabinets are( terrible I know). I just gave them a sketch and they built them. Probably standard sizes.

o

pbx2-what materials did you use? Colors? Love, love, love!

We just broke ground on Friday and our footers go in tomorrow.

o

Posted by Eden-Manor (My Page) on Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 21:05
pbx2-what materials did you use? Colors? Love, love, love!
We just broke ground on Friday and our footers go in tomorrow.

Hi Eden-Manor - thank you soo much for the delightful comments.Congrats on your ground breaking!

Our materials: are certainteed heather grey siding/shingle & the certainteed roof in georgetown grey.

Jeldwen windows in wedgewood.
Brick columns & foundation wall.

o

Delete double post

This post was edited by pbx2 on Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 21:57

o

Shed Dormer has shingles, weeee!

o

We got our Certificate of Occupancy this past Wednesday from the County & can legally move in now if we wanted.
Of course, the Bank has to send their inspector out too, no all clears yet.

This time next week- 1st weekend of April - we will be moving in.

It took 228 days so far & the last couple weeks have been just a mad dash to the finish line for our crew.

Awaiting the grass, final tweaks & cleanup - then walk-thru on Tuesday...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This post was edited by pbx2 on Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 23:40

o

Delete-double post again via tablet. Sorry!

This post was edited by pbx2 on Thu, Mar 28, 13 at 1:14

o

Our foundation is dug, and the concrete guys are there today. We hope to begin framing next week! Yippee!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our house blog

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here