Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
shingle color

Posted by kak112208 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 26, 11 at 0:53

Looking for opinions on what color shingles to use with countrylane red siding. We are going with Owens Corning shingles and are considering driftwood or sanddune? Do you think this will look good or is there another we should consider?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: shingle color

Do you have a pick of the siding?

driftwood looks good with almost anything though it has more blue than tamkos weathered wood.

sanddune is more brown.

What color are your windows and doors. Are you using any other colors or brick or stone?

I was freaking out about my roof color, went back and forth between driftwood and teakwood. Chose driftwood then was really worried because it looked blue against the white house wrap. All and all, I think the driftwood works. Drive around and look at roofs. Pics online aren't always true.

o

Thank you....we are leaning towards the driftwood. Our windows are going to be white along with the trim. I think we are going to do the LP smartside and paint it a barn red or country red color. We also have stone on the front of the house that has tan/grey/and red hues in it. What do you think?

o

Here's a pic of my house. The brick is mainly red(boral western sunset) The stone is grey/tan with red. The shake is darker than I wanted but it looked the best with the brick(had freakout moment when the did the soffit over my garage-they did DH's garage first and didn't look that dark)
Just remember all monitors are different.
In sunlight:

dusk on a cloud day:

o

BH401...do you remember what the name of your shingles are? The house looks great!

o

Thanks! They are the OC driftwood.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here