Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
five4me

seattle/pnw icf suppliers

five4me
10 years ago

Hello all :)
This is our second home that we will be GC'ing (owner/builder) and we are in the planning stages. This time around we would like to build with ICF's in our walkout basement.
We are looking for recommendations for ICF suppliers in the Pacific Northwest. Thought I'd turn here for advice/recommendations.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments (12)

• gabbythecat
    10 years ago

Sorry. What's ICF?

I'm in North Snoh county, btw.

• PRO
    Epiarch Designs
    10 years ago

insulated concrete forms.

I built our home using them. I used Hobbs Vertical forms as opposed to typical horizontal block. Having some minor experience with both, I prefer vertical forms. Hobbs and TF are the 2 vertical companies. Doesn't really answer your question however. Check out my blog for the complete ICF build.

• five4me
    Original Author
    10 years ago

gladys1924- like Izerarc said, they are Insulated Concrete Forms. We haven't been able to find anyone we personally know who has used them. Maybe they aren't as common in the PNW. We are in South King County :)

Izerarc- thanks for the information! I'll pass that on to my husband (he's not a message board guy). We are planning on doing a DIY job and your blog will be a great resource. Do you have a link to it somewhere? Thanks.

• robin0919
    10 years ago

Try posting this thread over at greenbuildingtalk.com on the ICF forum.

• kirkhall
    10 years ago

My uncle built with them about 20 yrs ago outside of Portland, OR. I'll email him to see where they sourced theirs.

• kirkhall
    10 years ago

My aunt says:
    We used Polysteel Northwest in Beaverton. Manager is Gregg H....can't remember the last name. 503.642.4905

• five4me
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Robin- thanks for the link. There is a wealth of information over there!

Kirkhall- thank you so much!

marykh- if it isn't too much trouble I'd love to know where they got the Logix. Yakima is so nice and sunny! Wish we could live on that side of the mountain :)

• PRO
    Epiarch Designs
    10 years ago

here is the blog:

Here is a link that might be useful: ICF blog

• five4me
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Awesome! Thanks :)

• Gary6958
    9 years ago

I have ICF blocks. (Insulated Concrete Forms). Any amount for sale.
    Shipped to any country worldwide.

Size: 50â long (127cm), 10â high (25.5cm) and 6â (15cm) wide
    (with a nominal concrete core of 4â (10cm) ).

It is the exact equivalent of 4 CMUs (concrete masonry unit) in area and only weighs 1.25 pounds.
    The forms are stacked without mortar and are interlocked like a Lego Set into which reinforced concrete is placed, creating a wall and foundation with a fraction of the labor of conventional CMU. Please email with details of quantity needed. Country to be delivered and target price to: garyjmcneish@gmail.com

• PRO
    Pacific Northwest ICF
    8 years ago

Hello, I run a full service ICF distribution company Pacific Northwest ICF. We physically keep several trucks of both Fox Blocks and Fox 1440 on the ground at all times. We have 300 sets of Superior Alignment EX120 wall braces and 100 sets of Tall Wall bracing available for lease. Feel free to contact me or swing by and have a look.