Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
houses14

Please Help on the topo maps

houses14
10 years ago

I got this from the county.

Could any one please help me to situate my house 3-car garage on this topo map ( 5' for each contour line)?

174" front
223' back
149' high right side
220' low left side

Appreciated !

Comments (5)

• carsonheim
    10 years ago

Need some more info. Is that 10 acres, or 1/4 acre? What about trees and such? Are there specific views you want to capture? Are you planning a 1700 square foot ranch, or a 10000 square foot mansion? Which area is North?

These and other details about what you want to accomplish with your home will help.

• renovator8
    10 years ago

It would help to know the scale of the drawing and the elevation of more than one red contour line so we can tell up from down.

The most level areas are where the lines are the farthest apart which is in the lower right quadrant. That's all this plan can tell us and it's not enough information to be able to site a house.

• Oaktown
    10 years ago

I think houses14 is saying that there is 174' of frontage (on the left where it says "Front Road"). So I'd guess that the total area shown is a bit under an acre? Not clear whether that is the entire property or the buildable area.

If I'm understanding this correctly, the high point on the property would be above 1060', as shown in the lower right corner, since each contour line is 5'. Lowest point would be in the upper right corner, less than 1015' elevation. On the right side of the property, which is along the bottom of the image, it drops more than 20' in 149' (so about 7.6 degree slope if my math is okay). Along the back of the property (right side of image), the slope would be nearly 9 percent.

This post was edited by Oaktown on Mon, Feb 3, 14 at 23:36

• virgilcarter
    10 years ago

Without a house plan at the same scale as the drawing it's almost impossible to do any analysis, other than to say it's a steeply sloping property! Grading and drainage control will be significant considerations--it's not a particularly easy property to develop.

If the high side of the elevations is the right side of the topo, then there's a natural revine that is quite steep and pronounced where surface run off may be significant (assuming it rains wherever this is located).

The flattest area is obviously the upper left segment, which would be the easiest area to develop, depending on house size and configuration.

More house data is needed before any placement can be considered.

• houses14
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much for all !

The yellow lines are property area.

.89 Acrea

Front "road" where is lowest point, and upper "Front" is highest point.

Highest point's is S, while back hill does facing SE
    Lowest point's is N, while Front Road is NW.

My blueprint:
    All Brick
    74' width, 47' depth
    (2-story home; main: 2048SF, second floor: 1699SF, bonus room: 679SF),
    with back patio (currently has 64' length and 12' depth) could cut short to any length if necessarily),
    + basement 2048SF

3-car garage will be on the higher side