Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Second Floor Layout Critique PLEASE

Posted by bachinc (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 17:49

We are about to finalize our floor plans and submit them to the township for approval. Before we do so, we would like to get any other opinions on the floor plans we have. We are afraid we might have missed something or don't have the right perspective. I will be happy to answer any questions if there anything is unclear. I also just posted our first floor plans as well. Thanlks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Second Floor Layout Critique PLEASE

How will you get any long pieces of furniture through that rabbit warren? Do you have a king mattress or a triple dresser?

o

Don't swing a bedroom door into a corridor or a bathroom door into a bedroom; somebody is going to get hurt and it might be you.

Who uses the lonely bathroom in the main zig-zag hall? Why wouldn't it get switched with the laundry?

Is the 2 story space have no overlook or other redeeming features?

Why no windows on one side of the house?

I've never seen such twisted plan.

This post was edited by Renovator8 on Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 21:00

o

You are no where near submitting plans. Straighten things out. And for goodness sake, label things and put some dimensions in!

o

No, and no. You need a fresh sheet of paper.
Your first expenditure needs to be a qualified designer. That will be the best money you can spend. You may be able to avoid many of the missteps evidenced in these floorplans.
Casey

o

The bedroom without an attached bath is going to make it's occupants walk all the way around to the landing of the stairs to get to the bathroom. AWKWARD!

This plan needs a lot of work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here