Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new to site: how do you search message by author?

Posted by M_N_A (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 17:23

is there such feature? for example, how do I quickly see all the messages I have posted?

pardon if this is a stupid question. I did some research and couldn't find the answer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new to site: how do you search message by author?

I use google

"M_N_A" site:http://ths.gardenweb.com

o

ya that would work. but some author has an ID that's common English word, which will return gazillions of hits...I am surprise search by ID feature is not available...

o

You could search the forum for the username. There's a search box at the bottom of the main forum page.

o

At the top of the main page it says:

"Before posting a question, please check the FAQ and do a search to make sure it hasn't already been answered."

Click on the word "search" to search this forum or all forums.

o

i had tried the search box. If I put M_N_A there, the returned links are not related to me at all, let alone if i would need to search for a user with common word (say, "house")

o

Put in MNA

If you don't find much it is because the database is incomplete and the software poorly written.

o

Try doing a google phase and site search combined.

"posted by M_N_A" site:ths.gardenweb.com

Here is a link that might be useful: relevant threads

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here