Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
martinkk333

New re-labeled house plan.

martinkk333
12 years ago

Sorry, guys. I didn't pay attention to the labeling or the doors for that matter. We've moved things around so much I guess they got mixed up. Anyway....right now we have a HUGE amount of latitude with our plan and are looking for suggestions on how to incorporate the master bedroom, little mini-mud room, and a great kitchen into our design. I will add more details, but right now, it keeps cutting off of me, so I am going to try to add the new picture. Thank you so much for your patience. I really need help and am trying to make it easy for you. It won't let me add a pcture, only a link.

Here is a link that might be useful: House Plan

Comments (13)

• martinkk333
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The area next to the garage is a mud room. The stairs go to storage. Right now, there are no rooms upstairs.

The utility area next to the mud room is pretty much just indoor storage. We plan to put freezers and such in there to keep them out of sight.

The area by the stairs on the west side of the plan labeled mini mud should be a small mud room type area where someone coming from the garage under the house could drop their belongings. (coats, coveralls,shoes, clipboard, etc.) My DH works from his truck and this arrangement will work great for him.

I know the kitchen is just sort of throwed there with places marked for cabinets. We haven't really designed this area yet. More looking for layout ideas, maybe. I would love to have a long table in front of a row of windows there, I think, but also probably seating at the island.

I love the way the master bath is drawn but it takes up a lot of space. I need to find a way to integrate it better or switch to something else.

We are empty nesters so really don't need all the little bedrooms daily but we do have a lot of visitors (grandkids) so right now the plan for the rooms is one for boys, one for girls, and one for adults.

We do a ton of entertaining. The large garage on the NE corner of the house will be turned into a large game room shortly after we move in.

• aa62579
    12 years ago

Link doesn't work.

• martinkk333
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm sorry. I don't know how to get help. I've tried over and over to get the picture up by itself and to top it all off...the link works when I click on it. I don't know what to do now. Thanks for trying.

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

AR Kiki--Here's how to post photos:

Setup:
    1) Go to photobucket.com and open a free account.
    2) Follow their instructions for uploading your pics to their site.

Now your pics are ready for posting on sites like GW!

Posting pics in a GW message:
    1) Begin the written portion of your posting on GW.
    2) When you are ready to add your pics, simply open a new browser window and log into your photobucket account.
    3) Go to 'My Album' & copy the 'HTML Code' underneath the photo you wish to add to your GW post.
    4) Toggle back to the browser window with your GW posting, place the cursor where you want to pic to appear, right click and select 'paste'.

Your pics will appear in the preview so you can ensure they appear properly before the final submission.

Hope this helps! Can't wait to see your plan!

• Marianne Thompson_Stratton
    12 years ago

One more note - make sure the picture is listed as public. When i click the link it says it's private, which is why you can see it but no one else can. Hope that helps!

• martinkk333
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yay! I finally did it the right way! Thanks to mydreamhome.

{{gwi:1414281}}

• martinkk333
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That picture was very small. This one should be larger.

{{gwi:1409885}}

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

AR Kiki--Glad you got it posted, however, it's too small to read and make out each room. I think you need to go back into photobucket, click 'edit' under your plan pic & then enlarge the photo by clicking 'resize' and adjusting the size with the height & width sliders. Then click 'Save a Copy' and go back to your album page--the larger version is now the one on the far left of the screen. Copy that HTML code and paste it here.

• okpokesfan
    12 years ago

Will there be an entry to the master off of the living room? Right now the only entry is through the utility, into the closet and through the bathroom.

going under 5' for the width of your bathroom is really starting to cut it close IMO. Think about how wide your vanity will be and how big the door would be. We currently have a bath that is 5 foot wide exactly. We have a very skinny door (24 or 28") and it's a pain!

Good luck!

• martinkk333
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you okpokesfan. Ye,there will be an entrance from the living room somewhere. Honest, not crazy about the layout of the master suite, the way the mini-mud room fits in or the kitchen. I also really think the living room could use some more character.
    We moved things around a lot trying to ge the small rooms in. I know the bath will be a minimum of 5 foot but since it will only be used sparingly, I was hoping it would suffice. Is that reasonable? I just don't know.
    Sorry, I guess I should have paid more attention to the doors and such, I just don't feel like I'm there yet. I'm hoping someone has some layout ideas that will allow us to make someting memorable of the master suite and kitchen area. Thank you so much. I appreciate your insight. We actuallly need to break ground within the next few weeks and I feel pushed to get this right...and right now!

• peytonroad
    12 years ago

Can you switch the master bath, closets to the area where the master is now? also kitchen needs opening to dining room.
    also, the noise of the laundry will be noticeable in the living room.

I don't see alot of room for entertaining here with this plan.
    also, why do you need 3 utility rooms?

• martinkk333
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you peytonroad. Yes, we can move almost anything right now.
    The utility areas:

The one on east side is just the mud room. My program doesn't have a mud room designation in the labeling section, so I just used that. The stairs go to upstairs storage.

The small area next to that is just a storage/work area. I am an elementary school teaher and have tons of materials that I need to store but also get to and use on a semi-regular basis. (Copiers, shrink=wrap, book-binders, cricut, etc. Also plan to store freezers, etc there.) I will probaby use the dining room as an office and change the door to accomodate that.

The third utility area by the master is for my husband. He works from his truck and will have a garage underneath the front SW corner of the house. The stairs in that area come up from the underhouse garage. Again, its a mini-mud room or drop zone for him. The program just doesn't have a designation for that.

Thank you for commenting on the noise from the laundry. I had not even thought of that. I was trying to get the laundry room close to the kid's rooms with access through our closet. In our last house, I put in cabinets with various size wire baskets in them and labeled them for different types of laundry (towels, shirts, whites, etc.) It was great to have the laundry presorted with it was time to do it!

• okpokesfan
    12 years ago

Is it absolutely a positive that you must break ground in a couple of weeks? I would want to make sure your plan is just as you want it--no regrets (or as few as possible!) later.

Our bath of 5 ft works, I just wouldn't want it any smaller than that.