Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please comment on these Marvin windows--we are very upset.

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 26, 12 at 16:48

I know you guys better on here than the people on the window forum so I thought I'd post a link to my comment there. Please let me know what you guys think. thanks!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: window photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please comment on these Marvin windows--we are very upset.

I agree - I would be disappointed. They remind me of the Jeldwen middle of the road ones I looked at. We decided on Kolbe instead - the Jeldwen just looked sloppy. Jeldwen had a better cream color than Kolbe but we still went with Kolbe. They are covered now because we are getting paint on our brick but the craftsmanship is much better than what you are showing. The excuse given to me was "showroom sample" - it has gotten banged around some. I still was uncomfortable with it and we spent quite a bit more to get Kolbe (but much less than with the Marvin Ultimates we also priced).

It looks like the sash is uneven and where the mullions meet the sash has separated - almost like there was damage to them in shipping or on the job site.

o

Here are the pics:

Photobucket

check out the uneven part of the sash as well as the gap between the mullion and the sash--this is in every window.

this dark line in the patio door doesn't indicate the discrepancy in the level of the material--if you run your hand across it you'd feel that one section is much higher than the other.  this is clad, so  no sanding can be done to even it out.

o

thanks, Athensmom. I looked into Kolbe and there is one dealer in our area. We're going to talk to our builder about this tomorrow and call a meeting with the Marvin rep, our builder, and the salesman. This is just so incredibly annoying!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here