Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
threeapples

Please comment on these Marvin windows--we are very upset.

threeapples
12 years ago

I know you guys better on here than the people on the window forum so I thought I'd post a link to my comment there. Please let me know what you guys think. thanks!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: window photos

Comments (3)

• athensmomof3
    12 years ago

I agree - I would be disappointed. They remind me of the Jeldwen middle of the road ones I looked at. We decided on Kolbe instead - the Jeldwen just looked sloppy. Jeldwen had a better cream color than Kolbe but we still went with Kolbe. They are covered now because we are getting paint on our brick but the craftsmanship is much better than what you are showing. The excuse given to me was "showroom sample" - it has gotten banged around some. I still was uncomfortable with it and we spent quite a bit more to get Kolbe (but much less than with the Marvin Ultimates we also priced).

It looks like the sash is uneven and where the mullions meet the sash has separated - almost like there was damage to them in shipping or on the job site.

• athensmomof3
    12 years ago

Here are the pics:

• threeapples
    Original Author
    12 years ago

thanks, Athensmom. I looked into Kolbe and there is one dealer in our area. We're going to talk to our builder about this tomorrow and call a meeting with the Marvin rep, our builder, and the salesman. This is just so incredibly annoying!