Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kjboggs

Anyone need cultured stone near Charlotte, NC?

kjboggs
15 years ago

I have a home built in a flood zone and have 6-7 feet of exposed concrete from my superior walls foundation. I was planning to put stone around my large set of front steps, and was going to paint the rest. I have been looking around and on craigslist for a good deal on some stone for the steps, but found a large stone yard just outside of charlotte that is due to the economy is blowing out all of the cultured stone in their yard for about 1$ per foot. I got just over 1000 feet of owens corning cultured country ledgestone carmel for $1 per foot, enough to do my entire foundation for not much more than painting it!

They have all makes from owens, dutch quality, eldorado, and many others. Most quantities are small, but they may have a couple types of large lots. They will probably not give you much info over the phone on quantities or price, you come look at it and see what they have in stock and will give you a price on it, but nearly all is $1. They have a craigslist add in charlotte that you may be able to find under materials, but you can find their website and contact info if you do a google search for "exterior expressions" and are located in Matthews NC which is just outside of charlotte.

If you are close by and looking for some stone like I have been, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity!!! I am not finished, but it is going to completely transform my house when done.

Comments (2)