Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone need cultured stone near Charlotte, NC?

Posted by kjboggs (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 11, 09 at 16:03

I have a home built in a flood zone and have 6-7 feet of exposed concrete from my superior walls foundation. I was planning to put stone around my large set of front steps, and was going to paint the rest. I have been looking around and on craigslist for a good deal on some stone for the steps, but found a large stone yard just outside of charlotte that is due to the economy is blowing out all of the cultured stone in their yard for about 1$ per foot. I got just over 1000 feet of owens corning cultured country ledgestone carmel for $1 per foot, enough to do my entire foundation for not much more than painting it!

They have all makes from owens, dutch quality, eldorado, and many others. Most quantities are small, but they may have a couple types of large lots. They will probably not give you much info over the phone on quantities or price, you come look at it and see what they have in stock and will give you a price on it, but nearly all is $1. They have a craigslist add in charlotte that you may be able to find under materials, but you can find their website and contact info if you do a google search for "exterior expressions" and are located in Matthews NC which is just outside of charlotte.

If you are close by and looking for some stone like I have been, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity!!! I am not finished, but it is going to completely transform my house when done.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone need cultured stone near Charlotte, NC?

I am in Spartanburg SC and am trying to find Cultured Stone. I need approx. 2000 Sq feet. How do I find this place??? Do you think that they will have that much of one type? I am especially looking for the Country Ledgestone in Owens Corning but have almost given up because I can't afford it.

This sounds too good to be true. Are the local builders not taking it because the market is saturated with unsold homes?

If I thought that I could get stone at this price, I would be there tomorrow.

Please email me any info. that you have.

belle_kculbre@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!

o
RE: Anyone need cultured stone near Charlotte, NC?

Unfortunately I dont think they will have any same color in that quantity.....but if you were looking at only 500 to 1000 feet they may be able to help you!

They are still trying to sell it at market price to builders, but are just trying to get rid of what is sitting in their yard.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here