Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

What is this hoodgey-wob? (kitchen)

Posted by petesmom (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 27, 12 at 15:14

I feel very dumb to ask this, but just spent 30 minutes googleing to try and figure out what it is and what it is called. Please inform the village idiot

What I am talking about is the little "lever" that I sometimes see above stoves. DH said that he thinks it is a little faucet for when you need water while cooking...well what in the heck is it called?

Is it costly to put one in?

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: What is this hoodgey-wob? (kitchen)

If it's for water, it's known as a 'pot filler', which pretty much describes its purpose.

RE: What is this hoodgey-wob? (kitchen)

Its called a pot filler.

Expensive is relative. You need the cold water supply and you need to buy the pot filler faucet itself, so extra plumbing and the cost of the faucet. Unlike regular sink faucets which go from very cheap to very expensive, I don't think they make cheap pot fillers.

RE: What is this hoodgey-wob? (kitchen)

Thank you.

Pot filler, you would think it would have a fancy name. I am going to have to admit to DH that he was right.

RE: What is this hoodgey-wob? (kitchen)

so extra plumbing and the cost of the faucet

And in some jurisdictions, a requirement for a floor drain.

RE: What is this hoodgey-wob? (kitchen)

Hello... Love your question!... If you want some detailed
info about Pot Fillers, check out my website page dedicated to them. I'm a kitchen designer and posted the info I have learned... do's and dont's... good Pictures.
My clients love them!

Here is a link that might be useful: Designing with pot fillers -

RE: What is this hoodgey-wob? (kitchen)

DesigningRichmond, would you please stop spamming!

This post was edited by dBrad on Wed, Dec 12, 12 at 14:14

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here