Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to choose a Hardieplank installer?

Posted by templemorris (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 2, 12 at 12:10

We're in the process of getting estimates to side our house with Color-plus Hardieplank and Azek trim. After reading about all the possible Hardie installation errors, I'd like to make sure that the installer we choose knows what he's doing, and won't void the warranty.

We plan on looking at potential installers' previous work. When inspecting the siding/trim, what should I look for that might not be obvious?

I'd also like to ask about how they ensure a good installation. What questions should I ask? (And, what answers am I looking for?) What red flags should I watch for? Any other advice?

FWIW, I know I should ask if he paints all cuts (Correct answer: yes). I also know that folks prefer Vulkem caulk, but don't know if it's used with Colorplus. Also, I know you're supposed to flash the seams. But, I don't know what that means :).

Any help on this would be great!
Thanks,
Temple

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to choose a Hardieplank installer?

Go to their website or phone them and ask for referrals to certified installers in your area.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here