Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fiberglass Entry Door - which?

Posted by jcy2011 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 11:10

What would everyone recommend for a fiberglass entry door? Am considering a Jeld-wen Aurora or Provia Signet. Any others to consider? Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fiberglass Entry Door - which?

Provia, and run the other way from Jeldwen!

o

I'm curious, what do you base your opinion on millworkman? Do you know specifics about the Aurora door line that deter you or is it the general Jeldwen name (which I do know, has a bad rep)?

Reason I ask is, while we're not yet to the point of picking an entry, I know the Aurora line is one of the only ones I've found that has a speakeasy option. My husband loves this look and I know he's going to lean towards a door that can have one. I need some pretty specific ammo going into the conversation, besides just "jeldwen sucks" hehe.

To the op, I'd have a look at Thermatru as well.

o

I have sold windows and doors for years. Jeldwen purchased a bunch of window and door companies that historically manufactured mediocre at best products and did nothing to improve them in my mind. Quality control is lacking in my opinion, customer service is average to below and the products are just not well made or durable, now this is my opinion but also that of most of the better window and doors pros that I know. Therma Tru is a good product as was mentioned above, you can also look at Provia and HMI as they are better still.

o

We are looking at using Therma-Tru.

o

How about Neuma? After talking to several people, Neuma seems to be a good fiberglass door.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here