Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has Anyone Built 'The L'Attesa di Vita' Plan?

Posted by TadParker (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 4, 14 at 10:43

Hello everyone!

We are narrowing down to what we think will be our plan for our home. I also found out it is a very popular plan so I wanted to ask if anyone knows/has built this floor plan. We would love pictures or anything visual that someone can turn up. Thanks in advance!

http://houseplans.bhg.com/plan_details.asp?PlanNum=1895

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has Anyone Built 'The L'Attesa di Vita' Plan?

Our neighbors built this plan. They moved the wall in the great room to be equal with the nook area and removed the siting area in the master bedroom. The garage doors are on the same side of the face of the house due to lot restrictions. The fireplace is see through from the great room to the dining room. They are empty nesters with grandkids that visit all the time.

It is a very nice plan.

o

@motherof3sons

That is actually what we were thinking of doing with the walls too. I love if they have some pictures! :D

o

TadParker - I can ask if they would allow me to take a picture of their home. I do not feel comfortable nor is it ethical for me to send pics without their approval. Stay tuned...

o

Oh of course. I completely understand and respect a homeowners privacy. I do appreciate your efforts.

Funny that what I found to be a top selling plan for several years is very hard to find construction images at any stage.

o

Bumping. Someone else has to have had this built. :)

o

I really like this plan too. Have you seen the home owners pictures on The House Designers website?

Here is a link that might be useful: L'Attesa di Vita' Plan

o

@ autumn09

I haven't seen those real world pictures yet so thank you! Though I have seen the virtual pictures of the inside.

Looks like whoever took those very few pictures changed some major details of that plan like the see through fireplace. Weird to say the least...

o

TadParker, I also prefer the see-thru fireplace and open plan. I would have liked to see more pictures too.
The reviews on the plan are very good. Great curb appeal!
Good luck!

o

A bump to the main page to hopes in finding someone! :)

o

I just found this, I think it's the same plan? Have you seen it yet?

Here is a link that might be useful: The L'Attesa di Vita' Plan (modified)

o

We have and we love it...but we don't think it will be in our budget. That is why we are going to go with the smaller plan. It's a great overall design in my opinion.

o

Hey Tad - we are in the process of building a modified version right now! We hired an architect to make changes. We did bump out the eating area and added a wetbar to the back wall to increase cabinet space. Made the 2 car garage a 3 car garage. Took out the upstairs because the very tall/steep roof trusses in the online design were going to add a huge cost. Squared out the master bedroom, changed the master bathroom so it has just a large shower but no tub, plus linen closets and a sitting bench under the window, combined and enlarged the walk in closet, enlarged the other bedrooms a bit and added walk-in closets, etc. We also flipped the plan due to topography on the build site. The plan should feel about the same (still have the tray ceiling, see-through fireplace, open plan, etc.), but has modifications. I think our final version is about 2300 square feet. I'm attaching a picture from a few weeks ago - they've since added the rest of the roof and are working on shingles, but I don't have a more recent picture.

This post was edited by prof.copland on Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 9:48

o

Oh, we also did a walkout basement, so we don't have the stone patio you see in most of the pictures.

This post was edited by prof.copland on Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 9:49

o

prof.copland

90% of of things you said are items we wanted as well! Stop reading my mind!

I do i have a question about the extra/bonus room over the garage. You said it would have added a lot of cost to have it? Do your stairs then just go down to the basement?

Can't wait to see the finished product! :)

o

Yes, the builder told us it would increase the cost by about $15K or so to do the roof as originally planned due to the steep slope and need for additional materials. We originally did a plan that had a bedroom, bath and living area upstairs. By taking the slope of the roof down and eliminating the upstairs rooms we cut the cost a TON. We'll still have some storage accessible via ceiling panel, but with a 2300 sq ft ranch there is plenty of room to finish parts of the basement and put rooms down there instead of doing a second level. We have stairs going down to the basement located in the hallway near the garage door. The stairs going up would have been in the same location (over the stairs going down), so we put a small coat closet at the end of the stair location instead (near the entranceway).

o

Okay that makes sense. 15k is a good amount to save and with the walk out you have plenty of space I would think.

May I ask where you are building and what your budget is? What level of finishes you have going in? Thank you so much for your input

o

The budget is much more than we would have expected. But we're building on undeveloped land and needed a long blacktop driveway, septic field, retaining wall, tree clearing, fiberboard cement siding, and so on. Hopefully we'll be about $330-350K when done. Fairly high level of finish where it matters - wood floors, tiled shower, granite countertops. Still trying to pinch and save where we can and won't finish the basement right away though. I believe that lumber prices are pretty high right now (at one point they were double what it would have cost a few years ago) which is part of the reason the cost is high.

o

Here's one that was just listed in my area. Let me know if you can't see the pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: 1875 Cooper Road

o

Thank you nicke360 - we just had a great time going through all those pictures. Since we are in the middle of building, we're still brainstorming and it is nice to see how others have done it!

o

prof.copland, we are in the process of getting plans finished and bids and we are hearing about the tall roof costing alot. is there a way you could send me pics of your house with a shorter roof so my wife can see it. shes not thinking that she will like the different roof. thanks.

Lee

o

I would love to see pics as well! We are building this plan in July and would love to see what a shorter roof would look like!

o

How has progress been? Some of us are dying to see pictures! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here