Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joshie74

Please help with front porch decision

joshie74
10 years ago

Would you choose the low-pitched version or the gabled version?

This post was edited by joshie74 on Mon, Mar 3, 14 at 11:09

Comments (11)

• VanillaCottage
    10 years ago

ELevation A is much more appealing to me, with the gabled porch roof and the cupola over the garage. It seems more classic and balanced to my (untrained) eye.

• VanillaCottage
    10 years ago

ELevation A is much more appealing to me, with the gabled porch roof and the cupola over the garage. It seems more classic and balanced to my (untrained) eye.

• carsonheim
    10 years ago

Elevation A for sure. Elevation B looks like someone stepped on the porch roof :)

• lmccarly
    10 years ago

I also prefer elevation A.

• nappervalleyview
    10 years ago

Elevation A is beautiful. Looks much more classic!

• maggiepie11
    10 years ago

another vote for A! it's much more balanced.

• duchesslynne
    10 years ago

I like A much better!

• Skyangel23
    10 years ago

Elevation A! It's more balanced and symmetrical.

• ladybrowncoat
    10 years ago

I prefer elevation A also- it just has more flow. Moving the little cupola (I had no idea what that thing is called, trusting VanillaCottage here, ha ha!) - anyway, moving that over the garage makes the garage look more in proportion to the house, as well.

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    10 years ago

Also like Elevation A the best.

• sombreuil_mongrel
    10 years ago

I prefer the flat roof but only if the walls could be raised high enough (longer studs) so the porch cornice terminated into the wall, not the roof. For that matter, extend some frieze across the cornice in either case, the windows are too close to the eaves. If not possible, then shorten porch posts so the cornice does not carry over above the roof, that is the big no-no here.
    Casey