Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scwren_gw

Jaymeilo Re: Our paint colors

scwren
16 years ago

Glad you liked our paint choice. Choosing paint was agonizing.

In the master bedroom, I used Devine Steamer. It's a great blue/green/grey shade. The master bath is Devine Reflection, same feel, lighter color.

Good luck in your search for color!

Master bed

Master bath

Comments (9)

• jaymielo
    16 years ago

scwren, THANK YOU for the post. When I did a search for the paint, the first site I cam up with was Bungalow Pros. No wonder it called to me! It exactly fits my style. Congratulations on your beautiful space. I bet you can't wait to get moved in! j.

• pat_tea
    16 years ago

I Love your colors and will bookmark them. How do you like the devine paint? I am in the PNW and it is used a lot here.

• scwren
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I really liked the Devine paint. I didn't do the painting myself, but it seemed to go on nicely. I LOVED rhe color choices Devine had. Something about almost all of their colors - very livable, not "off" colors. Plus, most stores that carry their paint are smaller independant stores & that usually equals great customer service.

I did use some of Ben Moore new paint. The "Aura" line. Now that stuff was amazing. It goes on w/ an incredibly smooth finish. Very nice to work with.

Here's one more Devine color. This is Devine Cocoa - which I used for the great room.

• jaymielo
    16 years ago

I love your house scwren. I hope you continue to share pictures as everything comes together. Jaymie

• pat_tea
    16 years ago

Oh, please do continue to share. Now I am hooked! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• fishpants
    16 years ago

jaymielo--I think all but our master bdr were DeVine colors as well, but we had them color matched to a different brand of paint. I just found their color palette so much easier to choose from-my kind of colors!

• jaymielo
    16 years ago

fishpants, That is great to know, because there is no where in our area that carries DeVine colors. Was there somewhere local where you were able to pick up paint swatches for DeVine? I was considering ordering samples online and having them shipped to me and then color matching off them. It really looks like a beautiful palette. I'm going back to search for pics of your home now so I can focus on the walls. ;-) j.

• fishpants
    16 years ago

My painter likes using Columbia Paint, which also happens to be manufactured in MT. They had a DeVine display in their store with color sheets in 8 1/2x11 size, so it was much easier to imagine what the color would really look like on a wall.
    I've included the DeVine website so that you can maybe find a dealer close enough to where you are to get a better look.
    Let me know if you need more pics of what I have.

Here is a link that might be useful: DeVine dealers

• jaymielo
    16 years ago

Thanks fishpants for the reply. I've been to DeVine's website and of course there is nothing near us. Some days I hate living in the boonies. :) I think I'm going to invest in the color palette book.

Is the color in your boys' playroom DeVine? I think I've said this before, but that looks so similar so our bonus area. We even have the 6 over 1s in the dormers. I really like the way you handled the transition from ceiling to wall. Did you end up putting anything into the floor space of the dormer? The other night I was dreaming about a great big cozy "window seat" with big drawers underneath it that pulled out to store linens and maybe one for media... Maybe a built in desk in one. I'm a sucker for interesting little spaces like that.

Wow! and the boys' room. Do you remember what color that is?

Hope you are feeling better and enjoying your new beautiful house. j.