Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teach2007

Pics of our Home

teach2007
16 years ago

These were taken last week. There were still several things to do... like clean every square inch of dust and dirt. The bottom floor stained concrete was not finished. We will have stained shutters on the front porch windows.

Comments (11)

• lindybarts
    16 years ago

Ohhhhhhhhh...it's looking fantastic! Just to let you know, the dust goes on for months it seems.

Great job, you must be getting so excited!

• ajpl
    16 years ago

It looks great!

• Happykate
    16 years ago

Love your stairs!!

• xoxosmom
    16 years ago

Gorgeous. Keep posting pics.

• ponydoc
    16 years ago

Looks just great!

Sad to hear about the dust. The more things change...LOL!

• brewcrew0_ri
    16 years ago

Looks awesome!!

Can you tell me more about your cabinets?(stain?glazed?maple?name?)

Thanks!!!!!

• scwren
    16 years ago

Well, you got me beat. We don't move for at least a month yet.

Your house is so pretty! And your brown paint turned out perfectly. It looks really good. What color did you land up going with? Love your stairway. Beautiful!

• teach2007
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone! This has been an experience!!

Brewcrew, the cabinets were custom built, but the color is SW Antique White with a walnut glaze. They turned out just the way I wanted them.

Scwren, the color is Barnwood by Waverly at Lowe's. The downstairs is 100% and the upstairs is 50%. I just wanted everything neutral. I liked how it turned out.

• landp
    16 years ago

How exciting! So pretty.
    What kind of wood and stain did you use on stair treads?
    I'm in love with the metal awning over the single window in your eve. Do tell...unless you would be upset if someone copied the idea, b/c there's a darn good chance of that!

• eventhecatisaboy
    16 years ago

Your house looks beautiful! It is so charming! I love it. Congratulations and many happy memories to you and yours in your wonderful new home!

• teach2007
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Landp,
    The stairs are oak with walnut Minwax stain. I wanted them really dark. It took my painter several coats to get them that dark. At first the oak looked too red. I'm happy with the results.

Where we are, everyone is putting awnings over windows and doors. I wanted to put one somewhere, and that was the only place. Most are doing copper awnings, but they are more expensive and change colors over time. Ours is bronze sheet metal. A sheet metal shop does them around town. I really love the way it turned out. Thanks.