Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Had our first meeting with designer!

Posted by sanveann (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 9:49

We met with our home designer yesterday (after an initial site visit), and I am SO excited. I am really pleased with all his ideas -- even just the sketches he was drawing out as we were talking were SO much better than anything I had envisioned (or seen in stock plans). Can't wait to show you guys the preliminaries!!!

The only disappointment was that we probably won't be able to keep the same style we want (a fairly traditional old-farmhouse type of look) and have our master suite on the first floor -- it would end up being basically a giant ranch with a tiny little second floor. He did offer to design it both ways, but we decided to just switch it to the second floor, which I think will be fine -- we are going to keep it as separate as possible from the kids' rooms. It will also eliminate any worries about being on a different floor from our youngest (who will probably only be 2 or 2 1/2 when we move in).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Had our first meeting with designer!

Yay! So exciting to start working on the new home! We just signed the contract with our builder last week, and are in the midst of negotiating our land price with the seller. I'm so excited about the process.

Good luck to you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here