Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aries61

It's February 2013! How is your build progressing?

aries61
11 years ago

I'll start this since no one else has. Looking forward to all the progess.

Comments (67)

• njasmine1
    11 years ago

I just started, will be closing on construction loan Feb. 15, so we hope to break ground by the end of February.

• njasmine1
    11 years ago

I just started, will be closing on construction loan Feb. 15, so we hope to break ground by the end of February.

• amtrucker22
    11 years ago

Buncha sticks... But at least I can walk through rooms :)

• JenSueW
    11 years ago

Almost done. Interior should be done end of February.
    Landscaping and a driveway have to wait till the weather gets warmer. :-)

• booboo60
    11 years ago

Beautiful home JenSueW!! Love it :)

• boymom23
    11 years ago

They weather proofed my basement this week! Cement was pumped also, since this photo was taken. Come on weather -- please let the rain hold off!

• nini804
    11 years ago

So exciting to see everyone's progress! Great looking homes! Enjoy the process,

• laurajane02
    11 years ago

I haven't posted photos in a few months, but things are moving along. We are currently drywalling.

Wood boiler setup (in nearby shop, not in our house):
    {{gwi:1409646}}

Exterior finishing:
    {{gwi:1409647}}

Laundry cabinetry:
    {{gwi:1409648}}

Fireman's pole:
    {{gwi:1409649}}

Slide under construction:
    {{gwi:1409650}}

• ontariomom
    11 years ago

Laurajane: What a big, gorgeous laundry room. And the slide for the kids I presume, how fun is that going to be.

Pors996, nice to see you get started. I remember your floor plan posts.

Nice brick everyone, and it looks like the masons are being neat with the mortar (our masons were not as perfect).

Carol

• cleanfreak0419
    11 years ago

we moved in last weekend. Waiting until the end of February to complete the landscaping

• LOTO
    11 years ago

The concrete crew is still fighting the mud but progress is being made. They are pouring a large portion of the floor in the crawl space today and if it doesn't rain this evening (like it is supposed to) they should get the rest of the floor poured tomorrow.
    It is a little hard to see but the area where the piers will be placed will have 12" deep footings under them and there are 2 pieces of steel running the whole length.

btw...there is a drain tile underneath the gravel on the inside (under the crawlspace floor) and there will also be one on the outside of the footing.

This post was edited by LOTO on Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 16:42

• sweet.reverie
    11 years ago

Beautiful homes everyone!

LOTO: How long is your build projected to take? Seems we are on a similar timeline :)

• LOTO
    11 years ago

reverie...I noticed that we were close to the same building status too.
    We closed on our land on January 5th and I'll be happy if we are in the home by August 1st. My framer has a job to complete before he can start on my home so there probably is going to be a couple of week delay before framing starts. How about yours?

• sweet.reverie
    11 years ago

June probably. Our construction manager says he expects our house to be air tight by the end of this month. But my builder uses a panelization system, so the walls go up quick :)

• ILoveRed
    11 years ago

Beautiful homes.

Laurajane...my boys would love your slide. Just plain cool.

• LOTO
    11 years ago

Rained last night but the concrete crew was still able to get a truck in today and finish off the floor...hopefull that they will get the garage floor poured this week yet and then backfill and site leveling,
    Hope I am not boring everyone with all the concrete/site work photos but this is the part of the build I really like.

• Linda Gomez
    11 years ago

On Friday we will be going before our neighborhood "environmental" committee. No, it's not about being green, it's about approving our build in our homeowner's association. We don't think there will be any problems. They are more concerned about paint, stone, and exterior wall finishes and colors. Well, green is an approved color.

From there we go to the bank. We've got our numbers rolling in and don't have any reason to think we won't be in the right ball park. We've been told that the bank will take 2 months to process before they'll approve and we'll close on the construction loan.

• bowyer123
    11 years ago

Our appliances were delivered today, carpet is installed and the Incognito Closets are being worked on as we speak. Base cabinets are in and granite will be here tomorrow. Lots going on right now! No pictures, but I hope to have a 'reveal' by the end of the month....Movers are coming on the 1st.

• sweet.reverie
    11 years ago

Lower exterior walls went up today. First one was up at 11:30 and last one was in place an hour and half later at 12:55.

Our girls watching:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Corner:

Here is a link that might be useful: Build Blog

This post was edited by sweet.reverie on Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 17:55

• LOTO
    11 years ago

sweet.reverie....you commented a couple of days ago that our builds were about on the same timeline...not any more!!!

• sweet.reverie
    11 years ago

lol! I know! The walls go up so fast doing it this way! DH were literally watching with our mouths open.

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

sweet.reverie - WOW! How exciting to see walls go up!

Everyone's builds look great. I hope we have a build to talk about next year. :)

• PRO
    Epiarch Designs
    11 years ago

progress is going. photos and updates in my blog

Here is a link that might be useful: home building blog

• sweet.reverie
    11 years ago

Looks great lzerarc!

• kaljr82
    11 years ago

Stone starting going on yesterday.
    Inside is all taped, mudded and ready for paint (which will be going on next week)
    Kitchen Cabinets were dropped off this morning, and hopefully those start going in sometime end of next week.
    Out construction manager told us we are about 6 weeks away from being able to move in!!

• LOTO
    11 years ago

Garage floor was poured today and tomorrow it is time for the excavator to return and do the backfilling and rough grading. Progress is going to be a little slow now for a couple of weeks but it gives me time to work on getting the geothermal and well moving along.

• amtrucker22
    11 years ago

Truss's up. Can't wait for the porch to be added!

• kcinkc71
    11 years ago

LOTO, can't tell, but that looks shallow (as in crawl space vs. full basement)? What did you use for water proofing and how much gravel did you back fill with? (2 feet out from foundation walls?) thanks looks good btw

• wishiwasinoz
    11 years ago

Our lot is almost cleared today. I love everyone's progress! Yay! Laura, your slide is AWESOME! So envious! :-)

• sweet.reverie
    11 years ago

Lower exterior walls are up! Interior studs are all up too. Upper walls and trusses come next Wed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Build Blog

• LOTO
    11 years ago

kcinkc71...I have a 4' crawl space and did not want a basement and wanted to keep it nice and dry in the crawl so I went ahead and had concrete poured. I will also have closed cell foam sprayed on the interior of the concrete walls and rim joist...our home will have a lot of hardwood and I didn't want any humididy problems from the crawl. The electricians and plumbers LOVE the concrete floor to work on.
    I have 4" drain tile under the concrete floor and also a drain tile around the exterior (just under the gravel). I don't remember what brand the waterproofing agent is but do know that it is not just tar...the gravel extends about 2' wide and about 1' over the drain tile.
    I might be going a little overboard to keep my crawlspace nice and dry but the hardwood floors cost considerably more than the concrete crawlspace floor.

• LOTO
    11 years ago

Backfilled today and just got the word that my framing crew has an opening and will start on Wednesday!!

• pbx2_gw
    11 years ago

26 weeks in or 6 months or 1.25 months left:

• kaljr82
    11 years ago

Primer went on walls yesterday, and paint will be going on today! 5-6 weeks out from move in.

• sweet.reverie
    11 years ago

• momto3kiddos
    11 years ago

Not the best pic..... But our brick is up! Our subs are such hard workers That I have had trouble getting pics during daylight with no one parked in front of the house. I will never complain since most of our subs have been working 7 days a week.

You can see the colors and variation a little better here.

I am very pleased with our front door.

And lastly, we decided to do foam insulation in the walls and ceiling. Our walls are 2 x6. And we were supposed to get 3.5 in foam nominal.... Take a look! I think the installers appreciated the donuts the first day and they gave me lots more foam than was spec'd. Our energy guy is using 4.5 in for his calculations and that is very conservative. It really averages at least 5 in the walls. The ceiling joints are 10" and they filled to around 7-8 there. I am so excited to get our first power bill. :). This is a pic from the 2x6 exterior wall.

• amtrucker22
    11 years ago

Love the oval window!

• aries61
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Momto3kiddos: Love the house. What the square footage?

• momto3kiddos
    11 years ago

Thanks amtrucker and Aries! I was really drawn to the elliptical shaped transom and oval window. I love the look of the spiderweb, but ultimately decided it was too ornate for our house. The house is 5200 sq ft, all on one floor, so it is looking pretty large from the road. However, it really satisfies our needs well and as the drywall is going up, I have no regrets about the floorplan.

I hope to post some inside pics soon since our drywall is up and hardwoods are down. So far all of my pics have the drywall guys walking around on stilts, so I will wait to get a stilt-free pic. :).

Thanks everyone for posting pics! I just love seeing the progress and I am learning so much from everyone at the same time.

• LOTO
    11 years ago

Momto3kiddos,
    Very nice home!!! Could you tell me what brand and series the door is?

• lucy0214
    11 years ago

Cabinets being built
    {{gwi:1409691}}
    Tile almost done
    {{gwi:1409693}}
    {{gwi:1409695}}
    Porches poured
    {{gwi:1409696}}
    Need stone columns, gable pediments, and cedar shutters!
    {{gwi:1409697}}

• degcds
    11 years ago

We have been moving along at a pretty good clip! They should be starting the second story framing today! We expect to be completely framed and roofed by march 6th, when mechanicals will start and they will work to complete the exterior of the house so we can start on the pool and all of the landscaping.

This is a picture from the great room looking at the 3 sets of french doors across the kitchen area.

The carriage garage- we will be using it to store our boat which is why it looks so large, I am a little worried about how the porportions will look, but keep telling my self wait to worry until the second story is done..

Back of the house, you can see the wall of windows well as well you can see the foundation for the covered porch which is 12x20- think it will be the perfect size!

The view from the great room to the wall of windows.. Its already a beautiful view...

And here is the landscape design, we made a few tweeks to it and just waiting for them to do the finished redraw. Then comes the fun part of getting the projects bidded out.

• momto3kiddos
    11 years ago

Thanks LOTO... It was made by dsa mastercraft doors. The elliptical is not in their current catalog, but was in a previous catalog. They still make it. Our door is 8' tall, but dsa has a lot of different door options. Hope it helps you. It looks like you are at the stage where you have to make lots of decisions.... Windows, doors, shingles, siding, etc. I am so glad that all I have left is granite and cabinet hardware to choose. What a relief! The process is fun, but can be very stressful. Best of luck to you.

• LOTO
    11 years ago

Thanks Momto3kiddos!!
    We already have the windows, most doors and siding picked out and quite a few other things too...still considering closed cell foam in the walls and ceiling but having a hard time justifying the price.
    We have not picked out a front door yet and I am going to look up the one you are using.

• sanveann
    11 years ago

Cleanfreak, I just LOVE your house! We are going for a very similar style.

• kaljr82
    11 years ago

Very exciting weekend for us!
    Most of the tile has been laid (aside from the shower in our Master Bath).
    They started laying hardwoods on Saturday and the cabinet installers are there this morning to begin cabinet installation.
    Pictures to follow soon!

• phoggie
    11 years ago

House is DONE in just a little under three months! Will post pics later. But my " hick-up" is that the guy who is supposed to haul in fill dirt in the drive so the cement can be poured, has not done it!!! So here I am with a finished house and too much snow/mud for me to move in.......oh well, I am thankful for a place to live in the meantime until the ground dries out...but maybe 15-18 inches of snow expected tonight and tomorrow...guess my patience is being tested!...so God please give me patience.

• sweet.reverie
    11 years ago

Most of the trusses are up!

• LOTO
    11 years ago

Well a snow/ice storm last week and another one this week has resulted in zero progress for almost 2 weeks and counting....it is sill February though so you can expect anything in Missouri this time of year.

• kat81
    10 years ago

Here is our kitchen, we should be done in 3 weeks

Sponsored
Maruca Design / Build
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Exceptional Residential Design and Remodeling Services in Fairfax