Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zone4newby

How to post multiple images

zone4newby
11 years ago

I'm sure that there is info about how to do this somewhere on the site, but when I looked for it, the instructions I found were confusing and didn't work for me, so through trial and error I figured it out, and I thought I'd share for others who are struggling.

Here is what you need to do:
Upload your image to any image hosting site- google+, imagebucket, your personal build blog, whatever.

Then you need two things:

1)The url of the image, which you can get by right-clicking on the image (make sure you click on the full-size image, not the thumbnail) and selecting "copy image URL"

2) The html code to insert an image:

Remove the space between Put the full URL for your image in place of Image_URL and when you submit your message, it will include the image. You can do this for lots of images in a single message.

Hope this is helpful, and that I haven't stepped on anyone's toes by posting it here.

Comments (7)

• DLM2000-GW
    11 years ago

zone4newby I'm glad you did this because many people think they are limited to one picture per post.

But you are causing yourself needless work. Most storage sites have an easy *click* copy paste system. I've posted a picture from my Photobucket account below and then a screen shot of link options that comes up with any photo you store. Click the html code (you don't even have to copy since it does that for you) then past it in the body of a post. Want another picture? Post the next html code for the next picture you want.

• Parkview603
    11 years ago

THANK YOU!!!

• dekeoboe
    11 years ago

Sometimes using dlm2000's method will post a picture that is not the size you would prefer to post. If you use zone4newby's method, you can alter the size of the image by typing Height=??? before the >, just experiment with different numbers instead of ???.

edit: well bummer, just adding the height used to work, but I am not sure it does with the new changes to GardenWeb

This post was edited by dekeoboe on Fri, Feb 15, 13 at 21:57

• worthy
    11 years ago

I find Tinypic the fastest site to work with.

• renovator8
    11 years ago

To post additional photos:

Go to Tinypic.com,
    click CHOOSE FILE to find the photo on your computer,
    click RESIZE to select the appropriate size
    click UPLOAD NOW!,
    enter the security words and click UPLOAD NOW!,
    click once on the text in the "HTML for Websites" box (top one) putting the file on your clipboard
    then paste the file into the text box of your GardenWeb message.

If it is too large in the Preview you should start again by clicking UPLOAD MORE and using RESIZE to make the file smaller before Uploading again.

To add more photos keep clicking UPLOAD MORE

• DLM2000-GW
    11 years ago

It's all a matter of what you get used to. I tried Tinypic a while back thinking I might switch but prefer Photobucket - to *me* it's more intuitive and offers more options. But there are options out there for everyone. Just like houses :-)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

I do the img src and I add width="500" if I want to shrink the size of the image....my pics are stored in shutterfly so I have to click the image to get the image address....works fine for me.