Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Time frame

Posted by cbusmomof3 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 24, 12 at 8:23

Good Morning!

We are scheduled to insulate today and drywall next week. Can anyone tell me an average time frame from drywall to closing on a 3700 sq.ft house?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Time frame

Morning Cbus....
Thats a question best left to your GC. There are 3,700 sq foot houses with little detail and those with so many custom touches that more time is spent on the finish work than anything else.
Also it all depends on the number of workers that your GC uses. If he has one good tile guy and you've got oodles of tile, it will obviously take longer than if he brings in a whole team. Same with painters, trim carpenter etc.... one worker or six?
But aside from how your GC schedules, the main question is the level of detail and complexity in your home.
Good luck!

o

Thanks Gbsim. Good points. I'm just antsy, I think.

o

It's an exciting time, we'd be robots if we weren't anxious to see the finished product! :)

We've been 9 months now at our build and are still under temporary roof film! If it's finished in 15 months we'll consider ourselves lucky at this point!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here