Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buttons_hayama

Construction to Perm Loan Lenders - Southern California???

Buttons Hayama
9 years ago

Hi does anyone know of lenders offering construction to perm loans for owner occupied homes in Los Angeles area for 80% LTC or 75% LTV on loan amount of $2.5mm????

Apparently there is a bank that just started offering CTP loans at those terms but I am having a hard time finding out which bank it is.

Please do share if you have a lead or can point me in the right direction.

Thank you!!!!!

Comments (4)

• redheadeddaughter
    9 years ago

You could try BBVA Compass bank. They had the best LTV's in CA when we were looking last summer, but the numbers change based on zip code and occupation (drs., cpas & attorneys have a special program with them). US Bank also has a good program.

• TXJACK
    9 years ago

+1 for Compass. I had one of their professional loans in the past and it was 95% LTV on a jumbo with no mortgage insurance and a pretty good rate. However, this was 7 years ago - not sure what the program looks like now.

• Buttons Hayama
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Update: I identified the lender: Luther Burbank. CTP loan up to 75% LTV on appraised or completed value of project. $1600 origination fee , none of that 1% stuff others are charging. I believe they only offer a 5/1 arm and the current rate is 3.5%. The team has been amazing so far. I can't say enough good things about this lender. I was so bummed when Mutual of Omaha stopped offering CTP loans because I had a great contact there too, but I must say that Im getting a better product with Luther Burbank and possibly better service.

I have a great contact so message me if you would like me to pass it along. I get nothing out of this. Just want to put it out there for those in need.

• Tiffany Henkel
    9 years ago

I've been researching construction lenders in SoCal for over a year. If anyone is interested, here are a few lenders that offer one time close loans: BBVA Compass, First Republic, Boston Private, US Bank, Homestreet, JP Morgan Securities, and California Bank & Trust. The biggest differences are reserve requirements (12 months PITI to 20% of construction budget) and what rate they use to qualify you. Two of the banks above have qualifying rates of 6%, even though the 7/1 note rate is under 4%.

I had never heard of Luther Burbank, but called them based on the the posts above. Their 5/1 is comparable to others, but other aspects of their underwriting process are more used friendly. I may end up using them, so thanks Buttons Hayama.