Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
questions about starting time

Posted by njasmine1 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 13 at 3:06

We just closed the construction loan on February 15, and I was wondering how long should it take for the builder to start. He told me and my wife he will start on Thursday or Friday is this too long of a wait?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: questions about starting time

Unless there are site protection issues, the first major task is excavation which will be done by a sub contractor who has been scheduled probably in a week to allow for a possible delay in the closing.

If your contractor schedules the foundation sub too tightly he runs the risk of closing delay causing the sub to start another job ahead of yours and possibly delaying your project by weeks. These people don't get paid when they are waiting.

I would assume a week from Monday and hope for good weather.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here