Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How much would it cost to have this house built?

Posted by Nelly334 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 1:21

Thinking of building a copy of this house, it is a one room building with a separate room attached by a ceiling/roof that connects to a bathroom. I envision a outdoor grill underneath the gap btw the two rooms, I want to use cinder blocks with stucco cover since bricks would be to expensive nowadays.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How much would it cost to have this house built?

$75,000-$500,000, depending on location

o

Why on earth would you want to walk outside to go to the bathroom?

o

Are you going to be using it like a pool house or something? Would it need to have HVAC? Is the plumbing on the lot accessible and variable? How rustic or basic do you want the interiors? More details are needed to really give an answer.

o

Many communities have zoning laws specifying minimum house sizes. Now, I know why.

o

If you place a BBQ grill in that breezeway you will need to have a large fan ducted/wired above it, otherwise the walls and ceiling will be covered in grease pretty quickly.

o

Love it. :)

o

Yes, indeed! It's the tiny life for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here