Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone have problems with ryland homes sales in Flori

Posted by ellie123-2009 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 13 at 0:09

Was interested in purchasing first house and liked looks of ryland home in a development in fl. Picked out model and asked sales rep EXACTLY what it would cost just as it is showing. Said only $10,000 and it would definitely stay within my monthly mortgage budget I told him about before placing down payment. Now, when I went to design center, these upgrades, in fact, not even as good as the model home, is costing $30,000 more and increasing mortgage to $300 more a month. Is there anything I can do? Anyone else ever have this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone have problems with ryland homes sales in Flori

All builders are the same. We paid 30k in upgrades 9 years ago was nowhere near what they have in the model. We do not regret most upgrades except kitchen counter-top, lighting package. Estate home - 0 issues after 9 years. Lot's of features from custom homes, except price. Our subdivision has 94 lot's. Highly recommend.

Let's see:
Kitchen upgrade $8100 (with it you get cherry cabinets, stainless steel appliances, double ovens convection, cook top, neat mw, decent layout, etc.

Extension 160 sq ft - 10k. Makes first floor very decent in size. Extends basement by the same amount, adds a bit to the cost to Ryland of brick wrap, steel support, tile floor, etc. ( I noticed they do not offer such option anymore :) )

Full house brick wrap was 5k. No way you are going to beat this for they estate size home.

Tile or wood floor kitchen & entrance 4k.

All bath counter top upgrades makes bathrooms look decent.

Most other upgrades were waste of money
Carpet, linoleum, lighting, pre-plumb for water softener, etc.

Also I recommend talking to landscaper that ryland encouraged us to do. Cost of upgrades between junk plants and decent plants, and layout are nothing - $110.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here