Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
okpokesfan

Where are your CV outlets?

okpokesfan
11 years ago

I have gotten quotes for the Doc-It system as well as the convention CV system. They are wanting to put one of the Doc-it outlets in my living room. Yuck! I think of them as a big eyesore (and DH sure does).

Where are yours? Any pictures would be great!

Comments (11)

• okpokesfan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Test---is anyone seeing this message? GW is keeping it at the top of my messages but I am seeing no responses. It has done this for my last several posts. THanks!

• piu007
    11 years ago

I can read your post, but unfortunately have no help to offer since we're just beginning the process and havent come to these details. sorry

• okpokesfan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

THat's OK---thanks for the feedback about my post showing though!

• auroraborelis
    11 years ago

Your message generally stays at the top of the thread until someone comments on it. Though, eventually without being commented on they will move down the list.

I have no idea where my CV outlets will be as of yet. I'm planning a hide a hose on the main level, and a standard outlet upstais (only plce there is carpet). And I have no idea what a doc it system is! :)

• okpokesfan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Laura. A doc-it system is similar to hide-a-hose in that the hose retracts into the wall. Different in that it uses its own electric power (rather than the vac motor) to retract the hose and the hose stays in a storage compartment built into the studs.

I contacted the company and the woman I talked to said that was crazy (I agree!) and she would talk to the men about finding another place for the Doc-It.

• auroraborelis
    11 years ago

Hmm... interesting.

Have you read many reviews of long time owners of the doc it system? And how did it compare in price to the HAH?

• athensmomof3
    11 years ago

I would put either the doc it or the hide a hose in a closet. That may require additional planning. I think that is what a number of people on GW have done and it is the best, most aesthetic choice. A normal CV outlet is not obtrusive and goes lower on the wall but the HAH and doc it are huge!

Of course, the CV hose is a huge pain and I never used the one we had in our old house. If the hose just pulled out of the wall, it would be better for sure.

• okpokesfan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

THat's what I am thinking Athens. I don't know if the CV would be worth it without DI or HAH.

Laura. I tried doing a search for Doc-it vs. HAH and posted here but couldn't find much.

They only released doc-it in 2011 so it's pretty new.

• sis3
    11 years ago

Our 3 HAH outlets are in the kitchen, under the stairs and in the upstairs hallway. They are painted the same color as the walls and no-one notices them.
    HAH was new when we installed ours over 6 years ago.

• auroraborelis
    11 years ago

Can you have one HAH (main floor with hardwood) and a doc it on the second floor with carpet?

• okpokesfan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Laura, most of the dealers in my area are in one camp or the other so to speak. Besides, I think I would rather just have all the same thing.

Thanks sis3!

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts