Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Faux or Timber Columns and Beam for Porch

Posted by motherof3sons (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 31, 12 at 21:23

I am seeking faux or true timber posts and a beam for our front porch area. We are located in Illinois. Anyone have any vendors close or ones that ship?

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Faux or Timber Columns and Beam for Porch

You should be able to purchase or order true timbers through a local lumber yard.

o

I am in the North suburbs of Chicago. I used Anderson Building and Contracting inc for timbers in our home.

We used reclaimed fir, although they suggested antique elm. These are true timbers, not faux.

Here is their contact info:

2406 Colby Pt Rd Mchenry il 60050
815-356-0269

Here is a pic of their work:

From billiards

o

We had looked at fauxbeams.com, (I even got tons of samples), but my builder priced it out and he can get real wood beams for less.

o

mjtx2 - I know we are basically "neighbors" in IL. Do you know where your builder purchased the wood beams? Our local lumber yard looked at me with a "deer in the headlights" look (couldn't resist after seeing Milz' trophy). Milz thanks for the contact information. I will give Anderson's a call. We are purchasing our gable brackets from ProWoodMarket

Thanks everyone for your comments.

o

motherof3sons, I'm checking with my builder. Also, I've purchased brackets from ProWoodMarket and been extremely pleased, just fyi. I'll let you know as soon as I find out on the beams. Can we PM on these boards?

o

MJTX2 - You can click on My Page to send me an email me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here