Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
stucco questions: integrated color or paint? Acrylic or cement?

Posted by M_N_A (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 29, 14 at 18:32

We need to make some decisions on stucco. The person we talked to speaks very little English, making it even harder to understand.

We read up on GW a bit. but cannot get a better picture

Questions
1. Is Acrylic is better than conventional cement Stucco in terms of durability and ease of maintenance?
2. Integrated stucco color or white stucco with paint, which is better?
3. For integrated color, does it have to be the stock color (La Habra) or can it be custom made. Is it more expensive? does the color match paint sample correctly usually?
4. We read about uneven color. Is it common for integrated color stucco, both acrylic and cement based?
5. We like smooth texture. does it show cracks and uneven color more easily compared to sandy texture? How about cracks? more easy too?
6. We think we heard from him that acrylic smooth finish only comes with White? only the sandy texture comes with integrated color. Is that right?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: stucco questions: integrated color or paint? Acrylic or cemen

Most finish coat acrylic that I have used/saw comes in 5 gallon buckets and is basic white and it is mixed to a custom color when you purchase it just like paint. There are a bunch of different colors available and most everyone in my area goes with integrated color.

Here is a link that might be useful: Colors

o

I would use colored through acrylic (more consistent and crack resistant than cement stucco) WITH A CORRECTLY INSTALLED drainage plane. Because without it, it is of the devil !!!!!!

o

LOTO and jrldh, Thanks for chiming in. We are also close to this decision and your input is valuable

M_N_A, I was eagerly waiting for some one to chime it. We are most likely going with the Acrylic and integrated color. in regards to texture I got the impression that smooth finish could be more expensive but have not discussed how much. Once I talk to our contractor/stucco guy I will report back what I fins out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here