Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Foret Doors - Beautiful Contemporary Doors

Posted by High_Rock (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 24, 11 at 18:10

Has anyone worked with this company? They have an absolutely beautiful contemporary door collection, and I was all ready to order from them. However, they asked me to wire money (over $4000) to Argentina, even though their website says they are located in North Carolina.

If I call the 888 number, I get a recording. If I research the CEO of the company, her last name is the initial "P." If I Google her name, it says she lives in San Francisco as an IT professional. And there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in regard to feedback from customers on the web. I hate to do it, but I decided to steer clear of them as much as I wanted those particular doors.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Foret Doors - Beautiful Contemporary Doors

BEWARE OF FORET! As soon as I questioned them and made a comment to that effect on a YouTube video they have posted, my comments were immediately removed and all by one of the videos were taken down. I think they're experts at removing any trace of deception.

o

sounds sketchy

o

I am also looking for a vendor of comtemporary doors. Would you mind sharing info when you come across one that has a good selection at somewhat reasonable prices?

Thanks

o

I highly recommend Southern Front Wholesale Doors. I ordered mine through them. They are located in Texas. They are a "real" company and were a pleasure to work with...I worked with Jason. Prompt responses to inquiries, always easy to reach via phone, TONS of doors, I mean thousands. Mine are not "contemporary" in style, but they do carry contemporary styles.

Doors arrived in perfect condition and were very well secured in their crates. I ordered a 6'x8' double rounded top and a single 3'x8' rounded top. Both are Knotty Alder with Flemish glass and came unfinished. The single door was actually a custom style too, since I just wanted a 2/3 lite with Flemish glass and no wrought iron or grilles. With my doors I could choose from a number of glass options and wrought iron finishes. Doors were stained by a local guy. They are a little darker than I wanted/expected, but that's my problem for not seeing a sample of the finish on Knotty Alder beforehand and just choosing the color from a sample board.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

I ordered my doors from here:

http://www.imperialdoors.com/

Doors are scheduled to arrive next week -- I will post photos at that time.

I also considered this company:

http://sanmiguelironworks.com

They both have contemporary designs, and can custom design the door to your specs.

In the end it came down to price.

o

Just to follow, my Imperial Doors were a disaster. I started another thread to chronicle it here:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/build/msg0222041523213.html?9

Buyer beware.

C.

o

Hello, I was looking for high rock who posted a comment on foret doors! I am getting the same thing from them! They won't take credit cards after they say they take them on their website. You can't find ONE review from a customer! On facebook their comments are only from them. Does anyone know anything about this company?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here