Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arohio_gw

Pictures of New Home

arohio
15 years ago

I have only posted on this forum a few times over the past year and a half, but I wanted to share pictures of our new home.

I visited this site SO often during our building process. I incorporated so many of your ideas just by browsing various threads and viewing your beautiful homes. The information on this site is invaluable and made the building process so much easier.

Thanks to all of you - my family is very much enjoying our home!

New Home Pictures

Comments (13)

• shelly_k
    15 years ago

Your home is beautiful!! I love so much of it -- congrats on a job well done! I'm sure you are so glad to be done with it all!!

I have some questions!!

I love your island in the kitchen. Can you give me dimensions? How long is it and what is the width at the narrow and round end? I love that setup. Your kitchen is fabulous.

Are the sconces in the hallway real candles... I assume they are just electric lights? Where did you get them? They are fantastic!

What brand is your front door?

Thanks!!

• Christine Decker
    15 years ago

Your home is beautiful! I love the exterior and the interior! I like all your trim and built-ins and the colors are elegant but not stuffy! Congratulations! Blessings for many wonderful years for your family in this home!

Christine

• Marcia B
    15 years ago

Beautiful home.. we just finished ours and moved in 3 weeks ago.. so glad to be done.. We have very similar tastes!

I LOVE your sconces.. I wanted them but DH won that battle!

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Beautiful home. Love those windows on each side of the stove and that fireplace wall. Wow, it's fabulous. I had to do a second take on the kitchen because it has the same color scheme as mine as far as cabinets, granite, back splash and appliances.

Congratulations

• Lori Billy
    15 years ago

Your house is beautiful. You all did a wonderful job.
    Can you tell me the brand and name of the green paint in the mudroom?
    What is the flooring in the mudroom? It looks gorgeous.
    Also, where did you find the mirror in the bathroom? I have seen that in a home before and I love it!

• emmachas_gw Shaffer
    15 years ago

Beautiful home!
    Love your fireplace, mill work, all the details!
    Your kitchen and closet are wonderful too.
    The kitchen paint looks like BM Oat Straw, one of my favorites.

• arohio
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks so much for all of your nice comments! It sounds like many of us have similar tastes.

To answer your questions:

- the dimensions of our island are:
    11' long by 38" wide (at narrow part) and 60" wide at rounded part. We did such a big island because we wanted to eliminate the need for a breakfast area. So we eat most quick meals here and do dinner in the dining room

- we got the sconces at Restoration Hardware - they are electric.

- this is terrible, but I can't remember our front door brand... i'll look through our files & get back to you

- the paint color in the mud room is 'svelte sage' by sherwin williams.

I think that is it... thanks again for all of your nice messages!

• janbanks
    15 years ago

You were so smart to put an island in your closet! Lovely house. Enjoy!

• worthy
    15 years ago

Very nicely detailed! Such as the barrel arch at the front entry.

• rhome410
    15 years ago

Lovely! Congratulations. I particularly love (and envy) your gorgeous fireplace (the whole great room, really) and the mud room. A mud room with lockers was part of my wish list that didn't get fulfilled so I live vicariously through the ones posted here. :-) Enjoy!

• snagd
    15 years ago

Can you share the sq. footage of your house and did you do a custom build or was this a stock plan? I think you house is wonderful! The details really make it special.

• newhome3
    15 years ago

arohio,
    Congratulations on your new home! Itis simply beautiful. All the colors you used creates such a warm feel...kind of the colors that I want to go with for our new home.
    I love your kitchen cabinets and all the lighting you used throughout the home.
    Nice job....enjoy!

• cookpr
    15 years ago

Arohio-

Wow - great house!! Please provide more pictures of your kitchen of you have the time. It looks exactly like the Kraft Maid style we were looking at, but backed off of. Is it Kraftmaid? If so, what is the exact color? Is there a glaze on there?

Thanks in advance...