Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Door hardware online

Posted by NolaRenovator (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 9, 14 at 16:24

I'm sourcing door hardware. I wondered if online sources such as myknobs.com have a lower quality product or grey market quality.

Does anyone have any particular success or failure with this site or others like it?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Door hardware online

I ordered our door hardware from our local lumber yard. They had the best prices. But for cabinet hardware, I chose a brand & style I liked and used Google Shopping to see what my best deal was. GoingKnobs.com & ShopAmerock.com had the best prices, no tax & free shipping. I received all items rapidly. All brand name as stated & excellent quality.

o

I just ordered and received our exterior and interior door hardware from http://doorhardwarecenter.com/. If you find a better price from another dealer they will price match. I called and spoke with Michael to get a better price on some of my items. Their customer service is great. I ordered on 12/30 and had most of my items by 1/3. My Emtek items were back ordered but came yesterday. I would highly recommend.

They are an authorized dealer for many of the top brands.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://doorhardwarecenter.com/

This post was edited by omgwhatamidoing on Sun, Jan 12, 14 at 18:15

o

Did either of you have any quality issues with the hardware you purchased? parts missing, etc.?

Thanks

o

No quality issues so far. My Emtek.hardware for the exterior doors was shipped directly from Emtek. Everything was there. We haven't installed the interior hardware yet but it is in the original packaging from Schlange.

o

I have ordered several times from a online dealer called Simpson's Hardware. They are an Emtek dealer and had the best prices by far. Plus they have great customer service - when you call, you get Mr. Simpson himself (or sometimes his wife) and they are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I was replacing existing hardware and hinges and had no idea about things like offset and screw placement and such -- they walked me through all the measurements and technical details to make sure I ordered exacty what would fit my existing doors. Everything arrived quickly and in perffect shape. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. I have no affiliation with them other than happy customer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Simpson's Hardware

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here