Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mirandajae

Floorplan critique/help, if you have time!

mirandajae
9 years ago

So we finally decided to NOT hire an interior designer to help me figure out how to do all of this. She was super spendy :( and my husband is using my "creative ability" against me.

{{gwi:2133351}}

Here is our floorplan for the basement. All the rooms currently up are where they have to be, for the most part, due to existing egress windows and plumbing already piped due to our in-floor geothermal heat.

The storage room door I am thinking about putting on the other wall, so it would be easier to bring things in and out - straight shot down the hall.

Where it says "Living" I am thinking about putting built-in cabinets/desk to store crafting supplies/games Then a round table and chairs for games, homework, puzzles.

The long area to the left of the utility room will be where the seating will be. Wanting to put built-ins and a gas fireplace with TV above, along the wall of the utility room.

This is the tricky part. We are fairly young and entertain often. We want a wet bar over by the stairs. I'd love to figure out how to incorporate it INTO the staircase somehow, with a microwave, beverage fridge (if not a full fridge), obviously a sink, counter space and stools to sit at. We are just not sure how to set it up though without making it look awkward or too crowded. I am leaning towards these ideas:

{{gwi:2133352}}
{{gwi:2133353}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler