Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hello! I'm new and just want to say hi :)

Posted by ladybrowncoat (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 23, 14 at 13:42

I've been browsing this site for a while and I have read so many helpful things! I would like to come out of hiding and become a member of the GW community, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

Last year we got married and started the process of building our (first and forever) home. I've attached some pictures of our lot- 2.5 acres on the Eastern Shore of Maryland :) This is in a new, 7 lot subdivision backing to forest conservation and surrounded by fields and forests. We fell in love with it because it is so peaceful, but only 5 minutes from town, where we work and play.

I am looking forward to posting in the "how's your build?" forum when we break ground- hopefully next month!! I will also be all over the garden forums as I absolutely LOVE gardening and have so many plans- but first we have to convert our lot from farmland to lawn!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hello! I'm new and just want to say hi :)

Hi there, and welcome. Congratulations on both your new married life and getting started on your new home. Be sure to check out the kitchen and bath forums too for lots of great advice over there, and don't be shy about asking questions and looking at the galleries of past projects. People love to 'show off' their completed projects and help with new ones around here. Gardening is my love too and I've learned by doing and made many mistakes along the way - comes with the territory I have discovered.

o

Welcome! That lot looks very nice!

o

Congratulations on the wedding and the lot purchase. Hope you can start building soon. Be sure to share lots of pictures.

o

Congratulations!!! Love your lot. Looking forward to seeing your progress. We are building our forever home after 34 years of marriage. We have finally retired and ready to move to the next phase of our life.

o

Welcome ladybrowncoat! I'm also new here and will also start building my home about the same time you start. Very exciting to share that journey with another GW member. We have 3.5 acres against the mountain. I also love to garden and can't wait to get things going NEXT Spring. Thanks for sharing your land. I think it's beautiful!

o

Thanks, everyone! I really am looking forward to getting to know you all. I appreciate the warm welcome :)

This post was edited by ladybrowncoat on Fri, Jan 24, 14 at 11:29

o

Welcome and Congratulations. Share more pictures once you get started.

o

Good to meet you. Make sure you hop onto the how's your build thread once you get going. :) I love to visit my father-in-laws garden; does that count for loving gardening? Right up my ally - great stuff and I don't even have to pick it. He has it all ready for me when I stop by. Lol!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here