Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzygardener_gw

Stained door with painted frame & transom

suzygardener
16 years ago

How will this look? My door is stained mahogany and the trim and transom will be painted white. I can't get this into my head how it will look and if it will look ok. The door people tell me they see it all the time. Do you have any pics? There will be windows with matching transoms on either side that are white.

Comments (9)

• mavs_fan
    16 years ago

suzy - I'm not sure if this will help you visualize or not, since this isn't our front entry and it's a window above instead of a transom. Anyway, the doors throughout our home are stained mahogany with white trim and I love how the doors seem to "pop" surrounded with the white. If you would like to see any additional pics or have questions, please ask away :-)

Family room doors:

• brutuses
    16 years ago

My front door is stained mahogony and all the trim is going to be white, inside and out. Sorry, I don't have a photo because the trim is not installed yet. I also didn't know how it would look so I rode down my street and checked out other houses and it looks great. The white actually makes the front door more pronounced.

• kidshear
    16 years ago

I'm new to posting here, so I hope it's ok to add my own question to this tread. Along the lines of the original question, does anyone have opinions/experience with an entry door that is stained on the outside, but painted on the inside? All my interior doors and trim will be white, but I'm thinking a stained wood look would be nice for the outside?

• dixiedoodle
    16 years ago

kidshear- that's what we are doing. White trim to match the other interior trim, but the outside trim around the door, sidelites, and transom will all be the same stain color as the door itself. Also, just to clarify...the door itself will be stained on both the exterior and interior- the only difference will be in the trim finish. I don't think that this is an unusual setup.

• brutuses
    16 years ago

My front door is stained on the inside and outside and both are surrounded with white trim.

• luckymom23
    16 years ago

I think it is a really pretty look,
    I had these pics in my file, Hope they help.

• jeannekay
    16 years ago

Sorry don't have a picture yet but our office doors are stained french doors w/ white trim and a white painted transom above them. I think it looks great.

• amyks
    16 years ago

My DH's library doors (one off of the foyer, one into the hallway and one upstairs into the hallway) are stained, and the trim is white. I can't even find my camera, but I can assure you it looks great. The rest of our interior doors are painted white.

Amy

• totallyblessed
    16 years ago

I too love the look of stained doors and painted trim. Still debating what to do in our house..... :o)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022