Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DuraSupreme Cabinets/Lumber Yard Cabinets?

Posted by dreambuilder (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 10, 13 at 11:17

I have asked about Ikea cabinets before and have heard that people are happy with them but that some change out the face. What about DuraSupreme Cabinets? Has any one used them? Pricing? I received literature from them b/c I really like the look of their work but no price info. Quality? Also, what about using a lumber yard (small town)? Based on experience do you get a better product for a similar price by using a small town shop? Curious as to options! Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DuraSupreme Cabinets/Lumber Yard Cabinets?

We just sold a house with DuraSupreme cabinets. The house was 15 years old, I believe the cabinets were original, and they are still holding up very well. I don't know what the original owners paid for them, but I think the quality was very good.

o

I've priced out DuraSupreme and thought they were somewhat reasonable, though at least 50% more than what I priced out from Ikea.

One thing to keep in mind is that DuraSupreme tends to have a sale every few months, so if you aren't in a hurry you can wait until you can get a better deal.

This post was edited by Laura12 on Thu, Jan 10, 13 at 12:45

o

From my end I have in the past worked in "small town lumberyards". The ones I worked in both sold Kitchen Cabinets, several different lines and qualities. If you have a real lumberyard with good knowledgeable people staffing it then yes by all means look into purchasing cabinets from them. A lot of yards these days belong to buying groups and can get pretty dam good deals on many many products. However if the people that staff the yard are not knowledgeable then not so much.......

o

We installed Dura Supreme cabinets from their custom series 23 years ago and they have held up very well in both durability and looks. We only had some problems with a couple of our large drawers in our pantry cupboard. They used a plastic component to hold the railings which didn't last (probably my own fault for putting too much in those drawers). We were able to buy replacement parts but I would like to think they have improved on that in that past several years.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here